Cannot load windows update page

dani86

Cannot load windows update page
hey guys!
for quite a while i've been unable to update my Windows Vista Home Basic.
when i click on the 'windows update' icon, it simply opens the browser
window, and with a plain white background says 'page cannot be loaded'. i'm
connected to the internet and do not use a firewall or proxy or anything that
could intervene. because of this, i haven't been able to automatically update
my windows, and i'm having serious freeze-up problems.
any suggestions?
thanks a million!
dani86

RE: Cannot load windows update page
Here is a sreenshot to help:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8438/17148648.jpg

I use Hungarian Vista, but that basically means that the loading of the page
was unsuccessfull.
I use my computer at home, straight into the modem, no network or anything.
I'm the only user of the computer.
Everything was fine until a few weeks ago.
Thanks!

"dani86" wrote:

> hey guys!
> for quite a while i've been unable to update my Windows Vista Home Basic.
> when i click on the 'windows update' icon, it simply opens the browser
> window, and with a plain white background says 'page cannot be loaded'. i'm
> connected to the internet and do not use a firewall or proxy or anything that
> could intervene. because of this, i haven't been able to automatically update
> my windows, and i'm having serious freeze-up problems.
> any suggestions?
> thanks a million!

TaurArian

dani86 wrote:
:: hey guys!
:: for quite a while i've been unable to update my Windows Vista Home
:: Basic. when i click on the 'windows update' icon, it simply opens
:: the browser window, and with a plain white background says 'page
:: cannot be loaded'. i'm connected to the internet and do not use a
:: firewall or proxy or anything that could intervene. because of this,
:: i haven't been able to automatically update my windows, and i'm
:: having serious freeze-up problems.
:: any suggestions?
:: thanks a million!

Try the following:-

Open the Vista Start Menu search Bar and type: RUN

Click OK

Type the following lines and after each one click OK:-

regsvr32 jscript

regsvr32 vbscript

regsvr32 /i mshtml

No guarantees

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

dani86

Re: Cannot load windows update page
hey TaurArian!

thanks for the help, but that didn't solve the problem.
i tried all three of those, and the first two gave an error with the
following number:
0x80004005, saying something that the module was loaded, but that this error
happened when the DllRegisterServer was prompted.
the third one said something like the DllRegisterServer wasn't found.
any other suggestions?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> dani86 wrote:
> :: hey guys!
> :: for quite a while i've been unable to update my Windows Vista Home
> :: Basic. when i click on the 'windows update' icon, it simply opens
> :: the browser window, and with a plain white background says 'page
> :: cannot be loaded'. i'm connected to the internet and do not use a
> :: firewall or proxy or anything that could intervene. because of this,
> :: i haven't been able to automatically update my windows, and i'm
> :: having serious freeze-up problems.
> :: any suggestions?
> :: thanks a million!
>

> Try the following:-
>
> Open the Vista Start Menu search Bar and type: RUN
>
> Click OK
>
> Type the following lines and after each one click OK:-
>
> regsvr32 jscript
>
> regsvr32 vbscript
>
> regsvr32 /i mshtml
>
> No guarantees
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

dani86

Re: Cannot load windows update page
!!!

I turned off the User Account Control and tried it again.
The first two were succesful, but the third wasn't. HOWEVER, it seems that
the problem has been solved, thanks to your advice!
Thanks a million TaurArian!