KB970012, KB971933, KB972691 Won't Install

Rick Fisch

KB970012, KB971933, KB972691 Won't Install
Althought his is a same issue as another post and to avoid confussion I am
creating a new one.

I am running Vista Enteprise and IE 8 with SP2. Ever since installing SP2 I
have not been able to install the latest junk email filter. This happened to
me once before, when SP2 first had come out but I deinstalled sP2 and have
not had the issue until reinstalling it again.

I have tried the the knowledge base solution regarding stopping the
installation service and installing the update but that did not work for me.
Has anyone else ever run into this issue before and if so how is it resolved?

Thanks in advance
Michael

Re: KB970012, KB971933, KB972691 Won't Install

"Rick Fisch" <Rick Fisch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Althought his is a same issue as another post and to avoid confussion I am
> creating a new one.
>
> I am running Vista Enteprise and IE 8 with SP2. Ever since installing SP2
> have not been able to install the latest junk email filter. This happened
> me once before, when SP2 first had come out but I deinstalled sP2 and have
> not had the issue until reinstalling it again.
>
> I have tried the the knowledge base solution regarding stopping the
> installation service and installing the update but that did not work for
> me.
> Has anyone else ever run into this issue before and if so how is it
> resolved?
>
> Thanks in advance

You created a new thread with exactly the same subject text as the original.
Don't expect help because your post will get lost or someone will think it's
another reply to the original. New to Usenet, are you?

--

Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Re: KB970012, KB971933, KB972691 Won't Install
[Crosspost to Office Update newsgroup]

You've included KB970012, KB971933, & KB972691 (OL 2007 Junk E-mail Filter
updates for Jun-09, Jul-09, and Aug-09) in your subject. Are we to
understand that you, too, haven't been able to install any of them?

> ...Ever since installing SP2,
> I have not been able to install the latest junk email filter.

Are you referring to Vista SP2 or Office 2007 SP2 above?

Have you tried installing KB972691 manually after (1) downloading the
installer from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...a-a086c671f891
and (2) inserting your Office 2007 CD into the appropriate drive-bay?
www.banthecheck.com

Rick Fisch wrote:
> Althought his is a same issue as another post and to avoid confussion I am
> creating a new one.
>
> I am running Vista Enteprise and IE 8 with SP2. Ever since installing SP2
> have not been able to install the latest junk email filter. This happened
> me once before, when SP2 first had come out but I deinstalled sP2 and have
> not had the issue until reinstalling it again.
>
> I have tried the the knowledge base solution regarding stopping the
> installation service and installing the update but that did not work for
> me.
> Has anyone else ever run into this issue before and if so how is it
> resolved?
>
> Thanks in advance

Rick Fisch

Re: KB970012, KB971933, KB972691 Won't Install
That is correct. Any new junk email filter has not been updated. The last one
was I believe April.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Crosspost to Office Update newsgroup]
>
> You've included KB970012, KB971933, & KB972691 (OL 2007 Junk E-mail Filter
> updates for Jun-09, Jul-09, and Aug-09) in your subject. Are we to
> understand that you, too, haven't been able to install any of them?
>
> > ...Ever since installing SP2,
> > I have not been able to install the latest junk email filter.

> Are you referring to Vista SP2 or Office 2007 SP2 above?
>
> Have you tried installing KB972691 manually after (1) downloading the
> installer from
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...a-a086c671f891
> and (2) inserting your Office 2007 CD into the appropriate drive-bay?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> Rick Fisch wrote:
> > Althought his is a same issue as another post and to avoid confussion I am
> > creating a new one.
> >
> > I am running Vista Enteprise and IE 8 with SP2. Ever since installing SP2
> > have not been able to install the latest junk email filter. This happened
> > me once before, when SP2 first had come out but I deinstalled sP2 and have
> > not had the issue until reinstalling it again.
> >
> > I have tried the the knowledge base solution regarding stopping the
> > installation service and installing the update but that did not work for
> > me.
> > Has anyone else ever run into this issue before and if so how is it
> > resolved?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Rick Fisch

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Crosspost to Office Update newsgroup]
>
> You've included KB970012, KB971933, & KB972691 (OL 2007 Junk E-mail Filter
> updates for Jun-09, Jul-09, and Aug-09) in your subject. Are we to
> understand that you, too, haven't been able to install any of them?
>
> > ...Ever since installing SP2,
> > I have not been able to install the latest junk email filter.

> Are you referring to Vista SP2 or Office 2007 SP2 above?
>
> Have you tried installing KB972691 manually after (1) downloading the
> installer from
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...a-a086c671f891
> and (2) inserting your Office 2007 CD into the appropriate drive-bay?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> Rick Fisch wrote:
> > Althought his is a same issue as another post and to avoid confussion I am
> > creating a new one.
> >
> > I am running Vista Enteprise and IE 8 with SP2. Ever since installing SP2
> > have not been able to install the latest junk email filter. This happened
> > me once before, when SP2 first had come out but I deinstalled sP2 and have
> > not had the issue until reinstalling it again.
> >
> > I have tried the the knowledge base solution regarding stopping the
> > installation service and installing the update but that did not work for
> > me.
> > Has anyone else ever run into this issue before and if so how is it
> > resolved?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Re: KB970012, KB971933, KB972691 Won't Install
Repost:

Rick Fisch wrote:
> That is correct. Any new junk email filter has not been updated. The last
> one was I believe April.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [Crosspost to Office Update newsgroup]
>>
>> You've included KB970012, KB971933, & KB972691 (OL 2007 Junk E-mail
>> Filter
>> updates for Jun-09, Jul-09, and Aug-09) in your subject. Are we to
>> understand that you, too, haven't been able to install any of them?
>>
>>> ...Ever since installing SP2,
>>> I have not been able to install the latest junk email filter.

>> Are you referring to Vista SP2 or Office 2007 SP2 above?
>>
>> Have you tried installing KB972691 manually after (1) downloading the
>> installer from
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...a-a086c671f891
>> and (2) inserting your Office 2007 CD into the appropriate drive-bay?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>

>> Rick Fisch wrote:
>>> Althought his is a same issue as another post and to avoid confussion I
>>> am
>>> creating a new one.
>>>
>>> I am running Vista Enteprise and IE 8 with SP2. Ever since installing
>>> SP2
>>> have not been able to install the latest junk email filter. This
>>> happened
>>> me once before, when SP2 first had come out but I deinstalled sP2 and
>>> have
>>> not had the issue until reinstalling it again.
>>>
>>> I have tried the the knowledge base solution regarding stopping the
>>> installation service and installing the update but that did not work for
>>> me.
>>> Has anyone else ever run into this issue before and if so how is it
>>> resolved?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance

Rick Fisch

Re: KB970012, KB971933, KB972691 Won't Install
When I ran the update file by itself it says that is already installed

"Rick Fisch" wrote:

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > [Crosspost to Office Update newsgroup]
> >
> > You've included KB970012, KB971933, & KB972691 (OL 2007 Junk E-mail Filter
> > updates for Jun-09, Jul-09, and Aug-09) in your subject. Are we to
> > understand that you, too, haven't been able to install any of them?
> >
> > > ...Ever since installing SP2,
> > > I have not been able to install the latest junk email filter.

> > Are you referring to Vista SP2 or Office 2007 SP2 above?
> >
> > Have you tried installing KB972691 manually after (1) downloading the
> > installer from
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...a-a086c671f891
> > and (2) inserting your Office 2007 CD into the appropriate drive-bay?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> > www.banthecheck.com
> >

> > Rick Fisch wrote:
> > > Althought his is a same issue as another post and to avoid confussion I am
> > > creating a new one.
> > >
> > > I am running Vista Enteprise and IE 8 with SP2. Ever since installing SP2
> > > have not been able to install the latest junk email filter. This happened
> > > me once before, when SP2 first had come out but I deinstalled sP2 and have
> > > not had the issue until reinstalling it again.
> > >
> > > I have tried the the knowledge base solution regarding stopping the
> > > installation service and installing the update but that did not work for
> > > me.
> > > Has anyone else ever run into this issue before and if so how is it
> > > resolved?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance

Re: KB970012, KB971933, KB972691 Won't Install
See my previous reply.

Rick Fisch wrote:
> When I ran the update file by itself it says that is already installed
>
> "Rick Fisch" wrote:
>

>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> [Crosspost to Office Update newsgroup]
>>>
>>> You've included KB970012, KB971933, & KB972691 (OL 2007 Junk E-mail
>>> Filter
>>> updates for Jun-09, Jul-09, and Aug-09) in your subject. Are we to
>>> understand that you, too, haven't been able to install any of them?

>>> Are you referring to Vista SP2 or Office 2007 SP2 above?
>>>
>>> Have you tried installing KB972691 manually after (1) downloading the
>>> installer from
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...a-a086c671f891
>>> and (2) inserting your Office 2007 CD into the appropriate drive-bay?
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> www.banthecheck.com

Rick Fisch

Re: KB970012, KB971933, KB972691 Won't Install
Sorry this thread is hard to follow - Yes after installing Vista SP2 and not
Office SP2

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> See my previous reply.
>
> Rick Fisch wrote:
> > When I ran the update file by itself it says that is already installed

Re: KB970012, KB971933, KB972691 Won't Install
Is Office 2007 SP2 installed?