Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Stuck on update

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2009
rm2h@yahoo.com
 

Posts: n/a
Stuck on update
I am stuck at the 1 part of the 3 part update at 60% done. The
computer states that I am not to shut down the computer until it is
done. It has been hours that it is at this point. Can someone tell me
what I need to do to correct this issue?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2009
Shenan Stanley
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Stuck on update
rm2h wrote:
> I am stuck at the 1 part of the 3 part update at 60% done. The
> computer states that I am not to shut down the computer until it is
> done. It has been hours that it is at this point. Can someone tell
> me what I need to do to correct this issue?


Windows ________ with Service Pack __?
What updates were you installing?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2009
rm2h@yahoo.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Stuck on update
I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I am currently in TN and I know
that the last time that I did an update was in CA before 9-11-09.

I am unable to give you the service pack number since the laptop is
stuck at stage 1 of 3 with 60% completed since the early afternoon
today.


On Sep 25, 9:09*pm, "Shenan Stanley" <newshel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> rm2h wrote:
> > I am stuck at the 1 part of the 3 part update at 60% done. The
> > computer states that I am not to shut down the computer until it is
> > done. It has been hours that it is at this point. Can someone tell
> > me what I need to do to correct this issue?

>
> Windows ________ with Service Pack __?
> What updates were you installing?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> * * *MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Wayhttp://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2009
Shenan Stanley
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Stuck on update
rm2h wrote:
> I am stuck at the 1 part of the 3 part update at 60% done. The
> computer states that I am not to shut down the computer until it is
> done. It has been hours that it is at this point. Can someone tell
> me what I need to do to correct this issue?


Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Windows ________ with Service Pack __?
> What updates were you installing?


rm2h wrote:
> I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I am currently in TN and I know
> that the last time that I did an update was in CA before 9-11-09.
>
> I am unable to give you the service pack number since the laptop is
> stuck at stage 1 of 3 with 60% completed since the early afternoon
> today.


If it never finished, a reboot or three should get you back to normal.

Then check your system for malware and reset your update components and try
again.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan (separately) with the
following two applications (freeware versions are the ones to use for this):

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

After performing a full scan with one and then the other and removing
whatever they both find completely, you may uninstall these products,
if you wish.

Download and run the MSRT manually:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx

Reboot.

How do I reset Windows Update components?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update starting but never ends, stuck at update 6 of 8 Peter microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 11-13-2008 02:50
Vista Update stuck on 1 update vm-jerry microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 3 09-10-2008 21:58
Windows Update Stuck ShadowGod microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 07-16-2008 02:49
64 bit update stuck on my 32 bit version ajulynn microsoft.public.windowsupdate 6 06-04-2008 22:31
stuck on update 20 of 25 LVandy microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 01-12-2008 13:55




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:36.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120