Vista service pack 2 screws up my laptop

vista service pack 2 screws up my machin

Vista service pack 2 screws up my laptop
When vista service pack 2 is installed my laptop pointing device goes daft
and does not work properly it draws squares on the desktop and clicking on
the screen brings up the properties box as if you were using the right hand
mouse button, the laptop also locks up, the cure is pressing control alt and
delete and everything works as should until next restart.
It takes 2 days to set this thing up with all the updates then when you have
them installed it screws it up.
How a company gets away with churning out rubbish and charging you for it
I'll never know.
Ǝиçεl

RE: Vista service pack 2 screws up my laptop
Copied яesponse from PA Bear -

Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034 &
select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
Issues after you install a service pack).

You'll find additional support for Vista SP2 issues in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general newsgroup and in these forums:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...stawu/threads/

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...nstall/threads

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...stasp/threads/

--

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕

"vista service pack 2 screws up my machin" wrote:

> When vista service pack 2 is installed my laptop pointing device goes daft
> and does not work properly it draws squares on the desktop and clicking on
> the screen brings up the properties box as if you were using the right hand
> mouse button, the laptop also locks up, the cure is pressing control alt and
> delete and everything works as should until next restart.
> It takes 2 days to set this thing up with all the updates then when you have
> them installed it screws it up.
> How a company gets away with churning out rubbish and charging you for it
> I'll never know.

Re: Vista service pack 2 screws up my laptop
Also see...

A device driver is not installed or a hardware device does not function
correctly after you install a Windows Vista Service Pack:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948187/

vista service pack 2 screws up my machin wrote:
> When vista service pack 2 is installed my laptop pointing device goes daft
> and does not work properly it draws squares on the desktop and clicking on
> the screen brings up the properties box as if you were using the right
> hand
> mouse button, the laptop also locks up, the cure is pressing control alt
> and
> delete and everything works as should until next restart.
> It takes 2 days to set this thing up with all the updates then when you
> have
> them installed it screws it up.
> How a company gets away with churning out rubbish and charging you for it
> I'll never know.

vista service pack 2 screws up my machin

RE: Vista service pack 2 screws up my laptop
I have uninstalled my vga drivers and re-installed them uninstalled my mouse
drivers and re-installed to no avail.
Tried the support centre but it asks for my Windows product ID, I read it
from the bottom of the laptop but windows does not recognise it, it is a Acer
which has automatic install. No help at all
I am going to re-install windows and block updates.

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Copied яesponse from PA Bear -

> Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
> Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
> chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034 &
> select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
> Issues after you install a service pack).
>
> You'll find additional support for Vista SP2 issues in
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general newsgroup and in these forums:
>
> • http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...stawu/threads/
>
> • http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...nstall/threads
>
> • http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...stasp/threads/
>
> --
>

> Ǝиçεl
> ◕‿◕
> -=-
>
> "vista service pack 2 screws up my machin" wrote:
>
> > When vista service pack 2 is installed my laptop pointing device goes daft
> > and does not work properly it draws squares on the desktop and clicking on
> > the screen brings up the properties box as if you were using the right hand
> > mouse button, the laptop also locks up, the cure is pressing control alt and
> > delete and everything works as should until next restart.
> > It takes 2 days to set this thing up with all the updates then when you have
> > them installed it screws it up.
> > How a company gets away with churning out rubbish and charging you for it
> > I'll never know.

Re: Vista service pack 2 screws up my laptop
Use this link:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...id=582034&st=1