Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows Update Repeatedly Successfully Installs 2007 Office SP 2

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2009
Alanbartonmiller
 

Posts: n/a
Windows Update Repeatedly Successfully Installs 2007 Office SP 2
Windows update has installed Office SP2 three times in the last five months.
Today (9/24/2009), 7/24/2009 and 4/29/2009. Each time the status was
Successful. When I look at which version Word is, it confirms that it's SP2
MSO (12.0.6425.1000).

This isn't the worst problem in the world, but I was in the middle debugging
something and it's a major pain to have to stop what I'm doing and reset the
box.

Is there anything I can do (other than turning off Automatic Update) to
alleviate this issue?

Best regards,

Alan Miller
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Repeatedly Successfully Installs 2007 Office SP 2
Known issues that you may experience when you install Office 2007 SP2...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968173

You receive an error message when you try to apply any of the 2007 Office
service packs on a computer that is running WinXP SP2 [or SP3]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942101

For additional assistance, please begin a new thread in an Office-specific
newsgroup.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
www.banthecheck.com


Alanbartonmiller wrote:
> Windows update has installed Office SP2 three times in the last five
> months.
> Today (9/24/2009), 7/24/2009 and 4/29/2009. Each time the status was
> Successful. When I look at which version Word is, it confirms that it's
> SP2
> MSO (12.0.6425.1000).
>
> This isn't the worst problem in the world, but I was in the middle
> debugging
> something and it's a major pain to have to stop what I'm doing and reset
> the
> box.
>
> Is there anything I can do (other than turning off Automatic Update) to
> alleviate this issue?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Alan Miller


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2009
Alanbartonmiller
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Repeatedly Successfully Installs 2007 Office SP
Thanks for the response. I'm not actually getting any error messages. I
posted it here because I suspect it's actually Windows Update that's
misbehaving. I'll post the question in an Office forum.

Cheers,

Alan Miller

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Known issues that you may experience when you install Office 2007 SP2...
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968173
>
> You receive an error message when you try to apply any of the 2007 Office
> service packs on a computer that is running WinXP SP2 [or SP3]
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942101
>
> For additional assistance, please begin a new thread in an Office-specific
> newsgroup.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> www.banthecheck.com
>
>
> Alanbartonmiller wrote:
> > Windows update has installed Office SP2 three times in the last five
> > months.
> > Today (9/24/2009), 7/24/2009 and 4/29/2009. Each time the status was
> > Successful. When I look at which version Word is, it confirms that it's
> > SP2
> > MSO (12.0.6425.1000).
> >
> > This isn't the worst problem in the world, but I was in the middle
> > debugging
> > something and it's a major pain to have to stop what I'm doing and reset
> > the
> > box.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do (other than turning off Automatic Update) to
> > alleviate this issue?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Alan Miller

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Repeatedly Successfully Installs 2007 Office SP
Windows Updates behaving properly. For whatever reason, Office SP2 isn't
installing. To resolve that, you'll need assistance from the Office
experts.

Tip: Close all Office applications prior to the next install attempt.

Tip: Insert your Office 2007 into the appropriate drive-bay prior to the
next install attempt.

Tip: Temporarily disable any third-party real-time system protections (e.g.,
anti-virus; anti-spyware; firewall) prior to the next install attempt.

Tip: Download & install SP2 manually.

Tip: Reboot after an install attempt, whether prompted to do so or not.


Alanbartonmiller wrote:
> Thanks for the response. I'm not actually getting any error messages. I
> posted it here because I suspect it's actually Windows Update that's
> misbehaving. I'll post the question in an Office forum.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alan Miller
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Known issues that you may experience when you install Office 2007 SP2...
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968173
>>
>> You receive an error message when you try to apply any of the 2007 Office
>> service packs on a computer that is running WinXP SP2 [or SP3]
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942101
>>
>> For additional assistance, please begin a new thread in an
>> Office-specific
>> newsgroup.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>
>>
>> Alanbartonmiller wrote:
>>> Windows update has installed Office SP2 three times in the last five
>>> months.
>>> Today (9/24/2009), 7/24/2009 and 4/29/2009. Each time the status was
>>> Successful. When I look at which version Word is, it confirms that it's
>>> SP2
>>> MSO (12.0.6425.1000).
>>>
>>> This isn't the worst problem in the world, but I was in the middle
>>> debugging
>>> something and it's a major pain to have to stop what I'm doing and reset
>>> the
>>> box.
>>>
>>> Is there anything I can do (other than turning off Automatic Update) to
>>> alleviate this issue?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Alan Miller


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2009
sofla
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Repeatedly Successfully Installs 2007 Office SP


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Windows Updates behaving properly. For whatever reason, Office SP2 isn't
> installing. To resolve that, you'll need assistance from the Office
> experts.
>
> Tip: Close all Office applications prior to the next install attempt.
>
> Tip: Insert your Office 2007 into the appropriate drive-bay prior to the
> next install attempt.
>
> Tip: Temporarily disable any third-party real-time system protections (e.g.,
> anti-virus; anti-spyware; firewall) prior to the next install attempt.
>
> Tip: Download & install SP2 manually.
>
> Tip: Reboot after an install attempt, whether prompted to do so or not.
>
>
> Alanbartonmiller wrote:
> > Thanks for the response. I'm not actually getting any error messages. I
> > posted it here because I suspect it's actually Windows Update that's
> > misbehaving. I'll post the question in an Office forum.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Alan Miller
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Known issues that you may experience when you install Office 2007 SP2...
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968173
> >>
> >> You receive an error message when you try to apply any of the 2007 Office
> >> service packs on a computer that is running WinXP SP2 [or SP3]
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942101
> >>
> >> For additional assistance, please begin a new thread in an
> >> Office-specific
> >> newsgroup.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> >> www.banthecheck.com
> >>
> >>
> >> Alanbartonmiller wrote:
> >>> Windows update has installed Office SP2 three times in the last five
> >>> months.
> >>> Today (9/24/2009), 7/24/2009 and 4/29/2009. Each time the status was
> >>> Successful. When I look at which version Word is, it confirms that it's
> >>> SP2
> >>> MSO (12.0.6425.1000).
> >>>
> >>> This isn't the worst problem in the world, but I was in the middle
> >>> debugging
> >>> something and it's a major pain to have to stop what I'm doing and reset
> >>> the
> >>> box.
> >>>
> >>> Is there anything I can do (other than turning off Automatic Update) to
> >>> alleviate this issue?
> >>>
> >>> Best regards,
> >>>
> >>> Alan Miller

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2009
sofla
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Repeatedly Successfully Installs 2007 Office SP
this is not an ffice 2007 issue - i am also experiencing problems installing
security updates. the windows updater continues to install security update
KB954430. i already have 5 copies 'successfully installed according to
windows update yet none of them appear uner "review update history". i have
re-booted several times & it is the same. i still have an icon on my toolbar
requesting me to install the same update.
in addition i tried to install update KB947821 thinking that it might help,
but that update just hangs on installation.
ran all ant-virus, anti-malaware programs. os is windows vista sp1 (never
got update info on sp2).

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Windows Updates behaving properly. For whatever reason, Office SP2 isn't
> installing. To resolve that, you'll need assistance from the Office
> experts.
>
> Tip: Close all Office applications prior to the next install attempt.
>
> Tip: Insert your Office 2007 into the appropriate drive-bay prior to the
> next install attempt.
>
> Tip: Temporarily disable any third-party real-time system protections (e.g.,
> anti-virus; anti-spyware; firewall) prior to the next install attempt.
>
> Tip: Download & install SP2 manually.
>
> Tip: Reboot after an install attempt, whether prompted to do so or not.
>
>
> Alanbartonmiller wrote:
> > Thanks for the response. I'm not actually getting any error messages. I
> > posted it here because I suspect it's actually Windows Update that's
> > misbehaving. I'll post the question in an Office forum.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Alan Miller
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Known issues that you may experience when you install Office 2007 SP2...
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968173
> >>
> >> You receive an error message when you try to apply any of the 2007 Office
> >> service packs on a computer that is running WinXP SP2 [or SP3]
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942101
> >>
> >> For additional assistance, please begin a new thread in an
> >> Office-specific
> >> newsgroup.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> >> www.banthecheck.com
> >>
> >>
> >> Alanbartonmiller wrote:
> >>> Windows update has installed Office SP2 three times in the last five
> >>> months.
> >>> Today (9/24/2009), 7/24/2009 and 4/29/2009. Each time the status was
> >>> Successful. When I look at which version Word is, it confirms that it's
> >>> SP2
> >>> MSO (12.0.6425.1000).
> >>>
> >>> This isn't the worst problem in the world, but I was in the middle
> >>> debugging
> >>> something and it's a major pain to have to stop what I'm doing and reset
> >>> the
> >>> box.
> >>>
> >>> Is there anything I can do (other than turning off Automatic Update) to
> >>> alleviate this issue?
> >>>
> >>> Best regards,
> >>>
> >>> Alan Miller

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Repeatedly Successfully Installs 2007 Office SP
But this is an Office 2007-speific thread!

To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.
State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2)
in your first post.

sofla wrote:
> this is not an ffice 2007 issue - i am also experiencing problems
> installing
> security updates. the windows updater continues to install security update
> KB954430. i already have 5 copies 'successfully installed according to
> windows update yet none of them appear uner "review update history". i
> have
> re-booted several times & it is the same. i still have an icon on my
> toolbar
> requesting me to install the same update.
> in addition i tried to install update KB947821 thinking that it might
> help,
> but that update just hangs on installation.
> ran all ant-virus, anti-malaware programs. os is windows vista sp1 (never
> got update info on sp2).

<snip hijacked thread>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2009
sofla
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Repeatedly Successfully Installs 2007 Office SP
sorry - didn't know it was an office 2007- specific thread since it is under
the Discussions in Windows Update forum and since i was having a similar
issue. sorry for the confusion.


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> But this is an Office 2007-speific thread!
>
> To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.
> State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2)
> in your first post.
>
> sofla wrote:
> > this is not an ffice 2007 issue - i am also experiencing problems
> > installing
> > security updates. the windows updater continues to install security update
> > KB954430. i already have 5 copies 'successfully installed according to
> > windows update yet none of them appear uner "review update history". i
> > have
> > re-booted several times & it is the same. i still have an icon on my
> > toolbar
> > requesting me to install the same update.
> > in addition i tried to install update KB947821 thinking that it might
> > help,
> > but that update just hangs on installation.
> > ran all ant-virus, anti-malaware programs. os is windows vista sp1 (never
> > got update info on sp2).

> <snip hijacked thread>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Repeatedly Successfully Installs 2007 Office SP
What does the subject of this thread say?...

sofla wrote:
> sorry - didn't know it was an office 2007- specific thread since it is
> under
> the Discussions in Windows Update forum and since i was having a similar
> issue. sorry for the confusion.
>
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> But this is an Office 2007-speific thread!
>>
>> To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific
>> problems.
>> State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista
>> SP2)
>> in your first post.
>>
>> sofla wrote:
>>> this is not an ffice 2007 issue - i am also experiencing problems
>>> installing
>>> security updates. the windows updater continues to install security
>>> update
>>> KB954430. i already have 5 copies 'successfully installed according to
>>> windows update yet none of them appear uner "review update history". i
>>> have
>>> re-booted several times & it is the same. i still have an icon on my
>>> toolbar
>>> requesting me to install the same update.
>>> in addition i tried to install update KB947821 thinking that it might
>>> help,
>>> but that update just hangs on installation.
>>> ran all ant-virus, anti-malaware programs. os is windows vista sp1
>>> (never
>>> got update info on sp2).

>> <snip hijacked thread>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
having trouble updating office 2003 repeatedly from windows update gs microsoft.public.windowsupdate 9 01-16-2009 21:14
Security Update for Microsoft XML installs successfully repeatedly Richard microsoft.public.windowsupdate 7 09-09-2008 18:02
Same Update repeatedly offered (Installed successfully) Guy microsoft.public.microsoft_update_catalog 5 08-21-2008 13:06
Office 2007 SP1 auto-installs confuse Vista, XP users Paul Security News 0 12-14-2007 03:11
Office Pro 2007 and OpenOffice 2.2 repeatedly crash when opening/savingfiles Gary Schnabl microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 05-16-2007 01:20




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:45.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120