error code 80073712

marinecorpwife8

error code 80073712
i keep getting this error for a single update.
i have tried many things. i do not have that pending file in my winsxs
folder at all, i think i already deleted it. and if i were to reinstall
windows update i dont really know what my system is. i have an inspiron 1420,
intel core 2 duo, with vista.

please helppp me. this is getting so so so annoying! ive been on multiple
sites and nothing helps!

Re: error code 80073712
what update?

marinecorpwife8 wrote:
> i keep getting this error for a single update.
> i have tried many things. i do not have that pending file in my winsxs
> folder at all, i think i already deleted it. and if i were to reinstall
> windows update i dont really know what my system is. i have an inspiron
> 1420, intel core 2 duo, with vista.
>
> please helppp me. this is getting so so so annoying! ive been on multiple
> sites and nothing helps!

MowGreen

Re: error code 80073712
From: Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista,
for Windows Server 2008, and for Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

> The following table lists error messages that you might receive when you try to install a software
> update. These errors might be caused by a system irregularity that the System Update Readiness Tool
> might be able to resolve. However, the tool might be unable to fix all instances in which these
> errors occur.

0x80073712 ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT
The component store is in an inconsistent state.

@ marinecorpwife ... suggest you download and save the Windows Update
Readiness Tool (CheckSUR) -
For Vista and Windows 7 x86 [32bit]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...f-04d43fa7b293

Please *note* that it is a 97 MB download.

Once the download completes close all open programs and browsers.
Now run Windows6.0-KB947821-v5-x86.msu by double left clicking on it as
you would an .exe file.
It will take some time to run.
When it's done, the error should be resolved.
If not, open the log that CheckSUR created located at

WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log <--- this log

copy and paste it's contents into your next post, please.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> what update?
>
> marinecorpwife8 wrote:
>
>> i keep getting this error for a single update.
>> i have tried many things. i do not have that pending file in my winsxs
>> folder at all, i think i already deleted it. and if i were to reinstall
>> windows update i dont really know what my system is. i have an inspiron
>> 1420, intel core 2 duo, with vista.
>>
>> please helppp me. this is getting so so so annoying! ive been on multiple
>> sites and nothing helps!

marinecorpwife8

RE: error code 80073712
the update that i put as the subject.... error code 80073712

"marinecorpwife8" wrote:

> i keep getting this error for a single update.
> i have tried many things. i do not have that pending file in my winsxs
> folder at all, i think i already deleted it. and if i were to reinstall
> windows update i dont really know what my system is. i have an inspiron 1420,
> intel core 2 duo, with vista.
>
> please helppp me. this is getting so so so annoying! ive been on multiple
> sites and nothing helps!

MowGreen

Re: error code 80073712
marinecorpwife8 wrote:
> the update that i put as the subject.... error code 80073712
>
> "marinecorpwife8" wrote:
>

>>i keep getting this error for a single update.
>>i have tried many things. i do not have that pending file in my winsxs
>>folder at all, i think i already deleted it. and if i were to reinstall
>>windows update i dont really know what my system is. i have an inspiron 1420,
>>intel core 2 duo, with vista.
>>
>>please helppp me. this is getting so so so annoying! ive been on multiple
>>sites and nothing helps!

Tae Song

Re: error code 80073712

"marinecorpwife8" <marinecorpwife8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4B1E9D5D-0565-4225-84AE-A900C67D13AD@microsoft.com...
> i keep getting this error for a single update.
> i have tried many things. i do not have that pending file in my winsxs
> folder at all, i think i already deleted it. and if i were to reinstall
> windows update i dont really know what my system is. i have an inspiron
> 1420,
> intel core 2 duo, with vista.
>
> please helppp me. this is getting so so so annoying! ive been on multiple
> sites and nothing helps!

Click Start
Type CMD
Right-click CMD.EXE
Select Run as Administrator

Type DEL C:\Windows\Log\CBS\CBS.log (don't worry, a persistant copy is
stored in CBS_persist.log
Type SFC /SCANNOW

It should come back with an error message...
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
of them.

If it doesn't say it was unable to fix some of them then you can stop here
and ignore the following as it won't help you.

Type FINDSTR /C:"repair" C:\Windows\Log\CBS\CBS.log

You should get an output that looks something like this. Your output maybe
different.

2009-09-27 02:02:22, Info CSI 00000142 [SR] Cannot
repair member file [l:24{12}]"AuthFWGP.dll" of Networking-MPSSVC-Admin,
Version = 6.0.6001.18000, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture
neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35},
Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash
mismatch

2009-09-27 02:02:22, Info CSI 00000142 [SR] Cannot
repair member file [l:24{12}]"AuthFWGP.dll" of Networking-MPSSVC-Admin,
Version = 6.0.6001.18000, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture
neutral, VersionScope =1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35},
Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash
mismatch

You might want to download a utility called ERUNT (Emergency Recovery
Utility NT) to make a backup of the registry before continuing.

The following is an example, you may want to post the actual errors you get
from the CBS.log for addition help.

This is what I do to fix this problem in this example...

After you backed up the registry, run Regedit and navigate to
HKLM\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components\

Looking at the line where it can't repair member file "AuthFWPGP.DLL". I do
a search (in my case) on Networking-MPSSVC-Admin, because AuthFWGP.DLL is a
member of Networking-MPSSVC-Admin.

The key I am going export first is...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Componen ts\amd64_networking-mpssvc_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18000_none_669822 5d718813b0

amd64
because of "pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 "

31bf3856ad364e35
because of "PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}"

6.0.6001.18000
because it's the matching version number

none
because "Culture neutral"

After exporting which saves the entry to a .reg file, delete this key. Then
run SFC /SCANNOW to check for any other problems. If no more problems are
found do a Windows Update.

I found this works for various other 800xxxxx errors related to Windows
Update.

aparecida roland

RE: error code 80073712