Error 8104000B

ABBA

Error 8104000B
This error doesn't let me install windows live (messanger) because it says im
not connected to the internet. I don't have a firewall active and it's
obvious im connected cause im writting this post. Please help! What to do?
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Error 8104000B
(cross-post added to Windows Live Messenger)
"ABBA" <ABBA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:406730C8-429A-4992-9608-AD81DCE1B597@microsoft.com...
> This error doesn't let me install windows live (messanger) because it says im
> not connected to the internet. I don't have a firewall active and it's
> obvious im connected cause im writting this post. Please help! What to do?

How is this related to Windows Update?

Can we guess that your connection is dial-up or at most PPPoE?

That isn't good enough for some apps which seem to want to use
a LAN connection. Using Never dial... and making the connection
attempt the first thing after getting the link connected may be sufficient
to working around this symptom.

Also, IIRC I had this symptom when I first installed WLM a long time ago
(though I can't remember if the error code was part of my symptoms)
and the resolution was to do the install online (e.g. not try to install
a saved download). I think I also found that I had to be logged in
with a Live ID in order to do both the download and the install.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Promidi

Re: Error 8104000B
On Sep 29, 5:57*am, "Robert Aldwinckle" <rob...@techemail.com> wrote:
> (cross-post added to Windows Live Messenger)
>
> "ABBA" <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:406730C8-429A-4992-9608-AD81DCE1B597@microsoft.com...
> > This error doesn't let me install windows live (messanger) because it says im
> > not connected to the internet. I don't have a firewall active and it's
> > obvious im connected cause im writting this post. Please help! What to do?

> How is this related to *Windows Update?
>
> Can we guess that your connection is dial-up or at most PPPoE?
>
> That isn't good enough for some apps which seem to want to use
> a LAN connection. * Using Never dial... and making the connection
> attempt the first thing after getting the link connected may be sufficient
> to working around this symptom.
>
> Also, IIRC I had this symptom when I first installed WLM a long time ago
> (though I can't remember if the error code was part of my symptoms)
> and the resolution was to do the install online (e.g. not try to install
> a saved download). * I think I also found that I had to be logged in
> with a Live ID in order to do both the download and the install.
>
> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

I have the same problem and I am using ADSL 2+ with PPPoA. Works on
an XP machine but not my Vista machine. Does anyone who has actually
solved this problem have the solution?
albert luis roma

problemas con mi messenger
no puedo habrir mi messenger me marca error

ABBA wrote:

Error 8104000B
23-Sep-09

This error does not let me install windows live (messanger) because it says im
not connected to the internet. I do not have a firewall active and it is
obvious im connected cause im writting this post. Please help! What to do?

On Wednesday, September 23, 2009 10:40 PM
ABBA wrote:

Error 8104000B
This error does not let me install windows live (messanger) because it says im
not connected to the internet. I do not have a firewall active and it is
obvious im connected cause im writting this post. Please help! What to do?

On Monday, September 28, 2009 3:57 PM
Robert Aldwinckle wrote:

Re: Error 8104000B
(cross-post added to Windows Live Messenger)

How is this related to Windows Update?

Can we guess that your connection is dial-up or at most PPPoE?

That is not good enough for some apps which seem to want to use
a LAN connection. Using Never dial... and making the connection
attempt the first thing after getting the link connected may be sufficient
to working around this symptom.

Also, IIRC I had this symptom when I first installed WLM a long time ago
(though I cannot remember if the error code was part of my symptoms)
and the resolution was to do the install online (e.g. not try to install
a saved download). I think I also found that I had to be logged in
with a Live ID in order to do both the download and the install.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

On Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:31 AM
Promidi wrote:

A-4992-9608-AD81DCE1B597@microsoft.com...ays imdo?
A-4992-9608-AD81DCE1B597@microsoft.com...
ays im
do?

I have the same problem and I am using ADSL 2+ with PPPoA. Works on
an XP machine but not my Vista machine. Does anyone who has actually
solved this problem have the solution?

BizTalk Configure and Send SMTP Mail Based on Message Within an Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...e-and-sen.aspx
Peter Foldes

Re: problemas con mi messenger
A deadhead from egghead