Word/Excel/Mail Merge - most recent Microsoft update

Betty

Word/Excel/Mail Merge - most recent Microsoft update
We're running XP Professional and use forms we've developed in Word and
attach Excel spreadsheets to them as a data source and mail merge them into
documents. With the latest update from Microsoft, our Word forms now loose
the Excel spreadsheet and there's no way to reattach them. Any one have any
ideas?
Shenan Stanley

Re: Word/Excel/Mail Merge - most recent Microsoft update
Betty wrote:
> We're running XP Professional and use forms we've developed in Word
> and attach Excel spreadsheets to them as a data source and mail
> merge them into documents. With the latest update from Microsoft,
> our Word forms now loose the Excel spreadsheet and there's no way
> to reattach them. Any one have any ideas?

First suggestion - post in a Microsoft Office newsgroup. ;-)
(I have cross-posted into two possibly better suited newsgroups for you.)

Second suggestion - uninstall the recently installed updates through the add
or remove programs control panel, reboot - problem go away?

If so - you've found your problem. Install the updates one at a time to
determine which one is the culprit and come back to let us know and have
others help troubleshoot it with you.

If not - may not have ever been your problem, come back and report that and
we can troubleshoot from there.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP