Update Error Codes

Suvi

Update Error Codes
This is my third post regarding error codes, especially 0x80070005. I had
followed the instructions for the first two posts and was finally directed to
Update Support. I followed their instructions and finally sent them an Update
file and a zipped msinfo32 file and never received a response despite three
unacknowledged e-mails from me. I spent numerous hours sleuthing on my own
and found the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910339/
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx

I followed the instructions and, voila!, my system is patched once again. My
suggestion to all of you who are giving advice. Try this solution first and
then to the resetting of privileges, SubInACL, etc. This was so simple, it's
almost laughable except for the annoyance of "Updates " that don't function
properly.

I had a response from Update Support, this AM, a-f-t-e-r I found the method
of correcting the problem.
MowGreen

Re: Update Error Codes
Sorry, I don't find anything that pertains to the 0x80070005 error on
any of the pages you posted. Was this the KB that helped resolve the error ?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910339/
If yes, which step[s] did you use ... or did you just manually install
the updates from the MS Download Center ?

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

Suvi wrote:

> This is my third post regarding error codes, especially 0x80070005. I had
> followed the instructions for the first two posts and was finally directed to
> Update Support. I followed their instructions and finally sent them an Update
> file and a zipped msinfo32 file and never received a response despite three
> unacknowledged e-mails from me. I spent numerous hours sleuthing on my own
> and found the following:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910339/
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx
>
> I followed the instructions and, voila!, my system is patched once again. My
> suggestion to all of you who are giving advice. Try this solution first and
> then to the resetting of privileges, SubInACL, etc. This was so simple, it's
> almost laughable except for the annoyance of "Updates " that don't function
> properly.
>
> I had a response from Update Support, this AM, a-f-t-e-r I found the method
> of correcting the problem.

Re: Update Error Codes
Your previous thread (to which you should have replied and in which you did
not mention any error codes):
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...187fb0d04b44b2

There are countless references to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975070 and
0x80070005 errors (which you found via http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527)
in the archives of this newsgroup.

I'd very much doubt that anything in KB910339 (also referenced countless
times in this newsgroup) helped at all.
www.banthecheck.com

Suvi wrote:
> This is my third post regarding error codes, especially 0x80070005. I had
> followed the instructions for the first two posts and was finally directed
> to Update Support. I followed their instructions and finally sent them an
> Update file and a zipped msinfo32 file and never received a response
> despite three unacknowledged e-mails from me. I spent numerous hours
> sleuthing on my own and found the following:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910339/
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx
>
> I followed the instructions and, voila!, my system is patched once again.
> My
> suggestion to all of you who are giving advice. Try this solution first
> and
> then to the resetting of privileges, SubInACL, etc. This was so simple,
> it's
> almost laughable except for the annoyance of "Updates " that don't
> function
> properly.
>
> I had a response from Update Support, this AM, a-f-t-e-r I found the
> method
> of correcting the problem.

Suvi

Re: Update Error Codes

Wallowing through various Microsoft references directed me to the download
site where I identified the three updates I needed, downloaded them,
installed them one at a time, checked Microsoft Updates to confirm
installation. I am thinking a lot of work could have been avoided had I done
this in the beginning. I now have that download site bookmarked, just in case.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Your previous thread (to which you should have replied and in which you did
> not mention any error codes):
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...187fb0d04b44b2
>
> There are countless references to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975070 and
> 0x80070005 errors (which you found via http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527)
> in the archives of this newsgroup.
>
> I'd very much doubt that anything in KB910339 (also referenced countless
> times in this newsgroup) helped at all.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>
> Wallowing through various Microsoft references directed me to the download site where I identified the three updates I needed, downloaded them, installed them one at a time, checked Microsoft Updates to confirm installation. I am thinking a lot of work could have been avoided had I done this in the beginning. I now have that download site bookmarked, just in case.

> Suvi wrote:
> > This is my third post regarding error codes, especially 0x80070005. I had
> > followed the instructions for the first two posts and was finally directed
> > to Update Support. I followed their instructions and finally sent them an
> > Update file and a zipped msinfo32 file and never received a response
> > despite three unacknowledged e-mails from me. I spent numerous hours
> > sleuthing on my own and found the following:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910339/
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx
> >
> > I followed the instructions and, voila!, my system is patched once again.
> > My
> > suggestion to all of you who are giving advice. Try this solution first
> > and
> > then to the resetting of privileges, SubInACL, etc. This was so simple,
> > it's
> > almost laughable except for the annoyance of "Updates " that don't
> > function
> > properly.
> >
> > I had a response from Update Support, this AM, a-f-t-e-r I found the
> > method
> > of correcting the problem.

MowGreen

Re: Update Error Codes
Either installed security software or malware is the most probable cause
of the error.
What is the installed antivirus/security suite; is a 3rd party firewall
being used ?
Is the installed AV's subscription current and is it up to date in
regards to it's latest definitions; when was the last time the system
was scanned for the presence of malware ?

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Suvi wrote:

> Wallowing through various Microsoft references directed me to the download
> site where I identified the three updates I needed, downloaded them,
> installed them one at a time, checked Microsoft Updates to confirm
> installation. I am thinking a lot of work could have been avoided had I done
> this in the beginning. I now have that download site bookmarked, just in case.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>

>>Your previous thread (to which you should have replied and in which you did
>>not mention any error codes):
>>http://groups.google.com/group/micro...187fb0d04b44b2
>>
>>There are countless references to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975070 and
>>0x80070005 errors (which you found via http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527)
>>in the archives of this newsgroup.
>>
>>I'd very much doubt that anything in KB910339 (also referenced countless
>>times in this newsgroup) helped at all.
>>--
>>~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>www.banthecheck.com
>>
>>Wallowing through various Microsoft references directed me to the download site where I identified the three updates I needed, downloaded them, installed them one at a time, checked Microsoft Updates to confirm installation. I am thinking a lot of work could have been avoided had I done this in the beginning. I now have that download site bookmarked, just in case.

>>Suvi wrote:
>>
>>>This is my third post regarding error codes, especially 0x80070005. I had
>>>followed the instructions for the first two posts and was finally directed
>>>to Update Support. I followed their instructions and finally sent them an
>>>Update file and a zipped msinfo32 file and never received a response
>>>despite three unacknowledged e-mails from me. I spent numerous hours
>>>sleuthing on my own and found the following:
>>>
>>>http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527
>>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910339/
>>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx
>>>
>>>I followed the instructions and, voila!, my system is patched once again.
>>>My
>>>suggestion to all of you who are giving advice. Try this solution first
>>>and
>>>then to the resetting of privileges, SubInACL, etc. This was so simple,
>>>it's
>>>almost laughable except for the annoyance of "Updates " that don't
>>>function
>>>properly.
>>>
>>>I had a response from Update Support, this AM, a-f-t-e-r I found the
>>>method
>>>of correcting the problem.

Re: Update Error Codes
My point was that if you'd mention the 0x80070005 error in your first post,
we probably could have saved you a lot of time.