code 57E

kiki avilez

code 57E
There have been updates availible for outlook (12 to be exact)
and i click install. The install run to a point and then all 12 fail and
an error code 57E come's up

Re: code 57E
Windows version? Office version? Have you tried inserting your Office CD
into the appropriate drive bay?

kiki avilez wrote:
> There have been updates availible for outlook (12 to be exact)
> and i click install. The install run to a point and then all 12 fail and
> an error code 57E come's up

Wolfgang

Re: code 57E

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Windows version? Office version? Have you tried inserting your Office CD
> into the appropriate drive bay?
>
> kiki avilez wrote:
> > There have been updates availible for outlook (12 to be exact)
> > and i click install. The install run to a point and then all 12 fail and
> > an error code 57E come's up

Wolfgang

Re: code 57E

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Windows version? Office version? Have you tried inserting your Office CD
> into the appropriate drive bay?
>
> kiki avilez wrote:
> > There have been updates availible for outlook (12 to be exact)
> > and i click install. The install run to a point and then all 12 fail and
> > an error code 57E come's up

Wolfgang

Re: code 57E
"Wolfgang" wrote:

I have two KBs which fail to install, both are office / outlook 2007
"security" updates marked as critical or important. One gives error 57a and
the other 57e. As others have pointed out on these forums, there is no
specific guidance from microsoft as to what these error codes mean or what
can be done to effect the installation of these problematic updates.

I have tried the following:

Windows Update - automatic installation
Windows Update - purge software distribution / downloads folder to
re-download the updates
Manual installation of KB updates from MS website

My system is Vista 64, Outlook 2007 - both are fully updated with the
relevant service packs.

The KB numbers are:

Outlook 2007 - KB972363
Office 2007 - KB972581

Please advise how these installations should be completed successfully.

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Windows version? Office version? Have you tried inserting your Office CD
> > into the appropriate drive bay?
> >
> > kiki avilez wrote:
> > > There have been updates availible for outlook (12 to be exact)
> > > and i click install. The install run to a point and then all 12 fail and
> > > an error code 57E come's up

the_barr

Re: code 57E

"Wolfgang" wrote:

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Windows version? Office version? Have you tried inserting your Office CD
> > into the appropriate drive bay?
> >
> > kiki avilez wrote:
> > > There have been updates availible for outlook (12 to be exact)
> > > and i click install. The install run to a point and then all 12 fail and
> > > an error code 57E come's up

the_barr

Re: code 57E

I run Vista Home Premium, but 32 bit.
I have Office XP and have it in my CD/DVD bay.
The advise of installing the Office CD didn't work.
Is there a way of downloading the req'd KB's induvidually?
I need KB's 973702, 974556, and 974811.
The Windows Update states that they're important.

"Wolfgang" wrote:

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Windows version? Office version? Have you tried inserting your Office CD
> > into the appropriate drive bay?
> >
> > kiki avilez wrote:
> > > There have been updates availible for outlook (12 to be exact)
> > > and i click install. The install run to a point and then all 12 fail and
> > > an error code 57E come's up

Don G.

Re: code 57E
I have tried all that you state and still get the error code 57E. I don't
have the Office CD. Is there anythig else I could do. Gotta have my updates.
--
Don G