Windows Vista SP2 after install

Windows Vista sp2 update

Windows Vista SP2 after install
I download and install vista sp2 on my MSI Wind netbook. SP2 installs great,
but when I unplug my laptop use it for a little bit and then plug it back in
about 10 seconds later I get blue screen and it reboots. I have reformated
and reinstalled and tested this withn every update, it only does this after I
install Windows Vista sp2. Can anyone help me please??
Shenan Stanley

Re: Windows Vista SP2 after install
Windows Vista sp2 update wrote:
> I download and install vista sp2 on my MSI Wind netbook. SP2
> installs great, but when I unplug my laptop use it for a little bit
> and then plug it back in about 10 seconds later I get blue screen
> and it reboots. I have reformated and reinstalled and tested this
> withn every update, it only does this after I install Windows Vista
> sp2. Can anyone help me please??

Have you verified you have the latest hardware device drivers for your
hardware components from the hardware manufacturer's support web page(s)?
Specifically I would make sure you have the latest motherboard chipset and
video drivers. You might want to check for a BIOS update as well.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: Windows Vista SP2 after install
Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034 &
select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
Issues after you install a service pack).

You'll find additional support for Vista SP2 issues in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general newsgroup and in these web-based
forums:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...nstall/threads

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...stasp/threads/

www.banthecheck.com