Error message when running Update [Error number: 0x800A01CE]

Freddagg4

Error message when running Update [Error number: 0x800A01CE]
When update tries to download the express or custom option, I get this error
message

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
[Error number: 0x800A01CE]

Any ideas on how I can use Update?
Thanks

Re: Error message when running Update [Error number: 0x800A01CE]
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

Is this a sudden, new problem?

Freddagg4 wrote:
> When update tries to download the express or custom option, I get this
> error
> message
>
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> problem.
> [Error number: 0x800A01CE]
>
> Any ideas on how I can use Update?
> Thanks

mise a jour de windows vista update

RE: Error message when running Update [Error number: 0x800A01CE]
pouvez-vous demander a microsoft si c'est normal d'avoir cette erreur lors de
la recherche des mises a jour de microsoft windows vista?

code 8024400A

"Freddagg4" wrote:

> When update tries to download the express or custom option, I get this error
> message
>
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> [Error number: 0x800A01CE]
>
> Any ideas on how I can use Update?
> Thanks

MowGreen

Re: Error message when running Update [Error number: 0x800A01CE]
SuggĂ©rer que vous postez Ă* un groupe de nouvelles français de
Perspective pour l'assistance avec ce problème:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=fr&cr=FR

Ou, utiliser ce site Web de traduction et alors la poste de retour Ă* ce
groupe de nouvelles dans l'anglais -
http://ets.freetranslation.com/

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *not* have *non-security content* prechecked"

mise a jour de windows vista update wrote:

> pouvez-vous demander a microsoft si c'est normal d'avoir cette erreur lors de
> la recherche des mises a jour de microsoft windows vista?
>
> code 8024400A
>
> "Freddagg4" wrote:
>

>>When update tries to download the express or custom option, I get this error
>>message
>>
>>The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
>>trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
>>[Error number: 0x800A01CE]
>>
>>Any ideas on how I can use Update?
>>Thanks

Rojo Habe

"MowGreen" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message
> SuggĂ©rer que vous postez Ă* un groupe de nouvelles français de Perspective
> pour l'assistance avec ce problème:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=fr&cr=FR
>
> Ou, utiliser ce site Web de traduction et alors la poste de retour Ă* ce
> groupe de nouvelles dans l'anglais -
> http://ets.freetranslation.com/

I could read that without a translator. I feel quite pleased with myself
:-)

MowGreen

Rojo Habe wrote:

> "MowGreen" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message
>
>> SuggĂ©rer que vous postez Ă* un groupe de nouvelles français de
>> Perspective pour l'assistance avec ce problème:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=fr&cr=FR
>>

>> Ou, utiliser ce site Web de traduction et alors la poste de retour Ă*
>> ce groupe de nouvelles dans l'anglais -
>> http://ets.freetranslation.com/
>>

> I could read that without a translator. I feel quite pleased with
> myself :-)

LOL ... does that translating site do a decent job ? I've always
wondered if I'm just copying and pasting some gibberish as I don't know
French.

BTW, you get 2 gold stars for being able to read anything I post.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *not* have *non-security content* prechecked"
Rojo Habe

Re: Error message when running Update [Error number: 0x800A01CE]
Well my French is very bad but I got the gist of it. Just out of interest
I've used Google to translate it back to English:

"Suggest you post to a newsgroup French Perspective for assistance with this
problem:"

"Or, use this Web site translation and then post back to this newsgroup in
English --"

So, to answer your question: yes, it seems to do a pretty good job.

Sorry to take us off topic.

> Rojo Habe wrote:
>

>> "MowGreen" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> SuggĂ©rer que vous postez Ă* un groupe de nouvelles français de
>>> Perspective pour l'assistance avec ce problème:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=fr&cr=FR
>>>
>>> Ou, utiliser ce site Web de traduction et alors la poste de retour Ă* ce
>>> groupe de nouvelles dans l'anglais -
>>> http://ets.freetranslation.com/
>>>

>> I could read that without a translator. I feel quite pleased with myself
>> :-)

> LOL ... does that translating site do a decent job ? I've always wondered
> if I'm just copying and pasting some gibberish as I don't know French.
>
> BTW, you get 2 gold stars for being able to read anything I post.
>
> MowGreen
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
>
> banthecheck.com
> "Security updates should *not* have *non-security content* prechecked"

MowGreen

Re: Error message when running Update [Error number: 0x800A01CE]
No apology necessary, Rojo. This thread appears to be muerte. <g>
Anyway ... thanks for giving me a chuckle

MG