Explorer.exe does not load upon startup/login - More info

Oren B

Explorer.exe does not load upon startup/login - More info
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

Posted as a reply to:

Explorer.exe does not load upon startup/login

Windows XP Pro SP2 on Win2k3 domain.
Since January's updates/patches, I've got 4 computers that sometimes will
not load explorer.exe upon reboot or login. All you see is the wallpaper.
It is intermittant, and there are no errors in any logs or popups. If you
launch Task Manager and start EXPLORER.EXE manually using "File, New Task
(Run)", everything comes up as it should.
This started on just 1 PC every couple of days, but is now on 4 and is
happening at least once per day. Anyone else have this problem or know of a
solution?

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx
lilcholo

Re: Explorer.exe does not load upon startup/login

My PC also sems to have this problem along with another problem.

1st problem is explorer does not start in normal mode. I tried doing it
manually(via task manager) but nothing happens. Everything works great
in Safe Mode.

Problem #2 is when I do get explorer to work in normal mode, my
keyboard acts weird. It works slower ad skips alot, meaning I have to
keep pressing the same key several times to get it to work and it seems
to happen on only certain keys and the space bar. It works perfectly
fine in Safe Mode.

As for problem #1 and you wondering how I get it to work sometimes,
well, while it is starting up I click on the My Computer Icon while the
PC is starting up and before everything has actually started up.

After a while Explorer dissappears and I can then get it back manually
with Task Manager.

I am on a home network and this PC is running Windows XP Professional
Version 2002 with SP3. The other PC is running Vista 64.

Has anybody found a sure fire fix for Problem #1? I notice some people
have had large networks with different fixes.

My router is from TMobile and I never had any problem with it before. I
recently had a virus(Vundo) and removed it but I'm wondering if it still
has some type of lingering effects on my PC.

I will try the unhooking the network cable solution that was suggested
and get back with you to see if that worked.

--
lilcholo
lilcholo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/138826.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Robert Aldwinckle

"lilcholo" <lilcholo.3z5e3d@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:lilcholo.3z5e3d@DoNotSpam.com...

> lilcholo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/138826.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/694888.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

> <Oren B> wrote in message news:20099154283oren.butnaro@philips.com...

>> You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this
>> page.

I wonder if you are the kind of "member" Oren wanted to see? <EG>

---

Robert Aldwinckle;4630058 Wrote:
> "lilcholo" <lilcholo.3z5e3d@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> <20099154283oren.butnaro@philips.com>]

> > lilcholo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/138826.htm
> > View this thread:

> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/694888.htm
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in

> > <Oren B> wrote in message

> >> You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in

> or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this
> >> page.

> I wonder if you are the kind of "member" Oren wanted to see? <EG>
>

> ---

Thanks for your help, I think it solved my PC problems. Where should I
send the cash?