Recent update Windows Vista - It boots up with the third step 0% (and stop

LeONale

Recent update Windows Vista - It boots up with the third step 0% (and stop
Recent update Windows Vista - It boots up with the third step 0% (and stop
there, over 8 hours and not change.) - Please help! THANKS!

- I am using an authentic Windows Vista,
- It is running well, until I follows the Windows update and it stops there
forever - third step 0% (over 8 hours!)
- I have checked it the hardware and virus, but all are good.
- I have used the F8 to call boot menu, using the repair option, and boot to
the last known good configuration; all come back to the "update menu : third
step 0%".
- I cannot use safe-mood to go inside the computer, it comes back to this
update process and stop there.

I cannot by-pass this process and uninstall this so-called update! It kills
my computer!

Please help! Trillion Thanks!

Re: Recent update Windows Vista - It boots up with the third step 0% (and stop
Vista SP2 Prerequisite Updates include:

• Description of the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 installation
software feature update (28 Apr-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430

• Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for
Windows Server 2008, and for Windows 7 (30 May 2009)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Have KB955430 and KB947821 been installed yet?

The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the
computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

============

Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034 &
select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
Issues after you install a service pack).

You'll find additional support for Vista SP2 issues in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general newsgroup and in these forums:

• http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...stawu/threads/

• http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...nstall/threads

• http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...stasp/threads/

===============================

Vista SP2 Installation Tips:

• Your computer will restart several times during the installation process:
Make certain you've saved your work and closed all open applications before
beginning the install.

• Disable (1) your anti-virus application, (2) any real-time system
protections afforded by any anti-spyware applications (except Defender), &
(3) your third-party firewall (if any) and then (4) enable the Windows
Firewall _before installing or uninstalling_ Vista SP2.

• The installation process can take an hour or much longer, depending on
server demand. If you're installing SP2 on a portable computer, make sure
that you plug-in the power cord and have the battery inserted into its bay.

• Vista SP1 is a prerequisite for installing SP2. If you use Windows Update
or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be offered
the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.
www.banthecheck.com

LeONale wrote:
> Recent update Windows Vista - It boots up with the third step 0% (and stop
> there, over 8 hours and not change.) - Please help! THANKS!
>
> - I am using an authentic Windows Vista,
> - It is running well, until I follows the Windows update and it stops
> there
> forever - third step 0% (over 8 hours!)
> - I have checked it the hardware and virus, but all are good.
> - I have used the F8 to call boot menu, using the repair option, and boot
> the last known good configuration; all come back to the "update menu :
> third
> step 0%".
> - I cannot use safe-mood to go inside the computer, it comes back to this
> update process and stop there.
>
> I cannot by-pass this process and uninstall this so-called update! It
> kills
> my computer!
>
> Please help! Trillion Thanks!

LeONale

Re: My vista has been updated to SP2 already, just some minor updates suggested by Windows update
But it stops at the update process when it is re-started.
My computer works well before this so-called minor updates suggested by
Windows update.

"LeONale" <LeONale@hotsun.com> ???
news:%23HrPH$WNKHA.5128@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl ???...
> Recent update Windows Vista - It boots up with the third step 0% (and stop
> there, over 8 hours and not change.) - Please help! THANKS!
>
> - I am using an authentic Windows Vista,
> - It is running well, until I follows the Windows update and it stops
> there
> forever - third step 0% (over 8 hours!)
> - I have checked it the hardware and virus, but all are good.
> - I have used the F8 to call boot menu, using the repair option, and boot
> the last known good configuration; all come back to the "update menu :
> third
> step 0%".
> - I cannot use safe-mood to go inside the computer, it comes back to this
> update process and stop there.
>
> I cannot by-pass this process and uninstall this so-called update! It
> kills my computer!
>
> Please help! Trillion Thanks!

Re: My vista has been updated to SP2 already, just some minor updates suggested by Windows update
Why are you replying to yourself?

Repost: