UPDATE ERROR- 80070643 & 80071A91

INNOCENT

UPDATE ERROR- 80070643 & 80071A91
I AM USING WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE SP2, I TRIED TO INSTALL FOLLOWING UPDATES-
Security Update for Jscript 5.8 for Windows Vista (KB971961)
Security Update for Windows Media Format Runtime 11 for Windows Vista
(KB968816)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB967723)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB970710)
Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [September 2009] (KB905866)
Update for Windows Vista (KB972036)
I AM CONTINUOSLY GETTING THE SUBJECT MENTIONED ERRORS, I TREID TO FOLLOW THE
STEPS MENTIONED IN HELP & ONLINE SUPPORT BUT IT DOES NOT HELP, IF SOMEONE HAS
A SOLUTION TO THIS PLEASE REPLY,

INNOCENT

Re: UPDATE ERROR- 80070643 & 80071A91
in the background when you installed SP2?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?

===

1. You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the
Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958052

2a. See the "How to obtain help" section of, e.g.,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971961

2b. Start a free Windows Update support incident request:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

your usual support contacts.

INNOCENT wrote:
> I AM USING WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE SP2, I TRIED TO INSTALL FOLLOWING
> UPDATES-
> Security Update for Jscript 5.8 for Windows Vista (KB971961)
> Security Update for Windows Media Format Runtime 11 for Windows Vista
> (KB968816)
> Security Update for Windows Vista (KB967723)
> Security Update for Windows Vista (KB970710)
> Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [September 2009] (KB905866)
> Update for Windows Vista (KB972036)
> I AM CONTINUOSLY GETTING THE SUBJECT MENTIONED ERRORS, I TREID TO FOLLOW
> THE
> STEPS MENTIONED IN HELP & ONLINE SUPPORT BUT IT DOES NOT HELP, IF SOMEONE
> HAS A SOLUTION TO THIS PLEASE REPLY,
>
> INNOCENT

TaurArian

INNOCENT wrote:
:: I AM USING WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE SP2, I TRIED TO INSTALL FOLLOWING
:: UPDATES- Security Update for Jscript 5.8 for Windows Vista (KB971961)
:: Security Update for Windows Media Format Runtime 11 for Windows Vista
:: (KB968816)
:: Security Update for Windows Vista (KB967723)
:: Security Update for Windows Vista (KB970710)
:: Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [September 2009]
:: (KB905866) Update for Windows Vista (KB972036)
:: I AM CONTINUOSLY GETTING THE SUBJECT MENTIONED ERRORS, I TREID TO
:: FOLLOW THE STEPS MENTIONED IN HELP & ONLINE SUPPORT BUT IT DOES NOT
:: HELP, IF SOMEONE HAS A SOLUTION TO THIS PLEASE REPLY,
::
:: INNOCENT

Please don't shout, I'm not deaf -

1. You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the
Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958052

You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

2. Error message when you try to install a Windows update, a hotfix, or a
service pack after you perform System Restore in Windows Vista: "0x80071A91"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948252

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Re: UPDATE ERROR- 80070643 & 80071A91
TaurArian wrote:
<snip>
> 2. Error message when you try to install a Windows update, a hotfix, or a
> service pack after you perform System Restore in Windows Vista:
> "0x80071A91"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948252

<gulp> That's a scary one, and an excellent candidate for a FixIt! [I
suppose the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939399 FixIt for the 0x80071A91
error won't work here.]

QED: Why do they keep using System Restore to "undo" updates, Service Packs,
and IE upgrades?
--
~PAŮ

TaurArian

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> <gulp> That's a scary one, and an excellent candidate for a FixIt! [I
> suppose the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939399 FixIt for the 0x80071A91
> error won't work here.]
>
> QED: Why do they keep using System Restore to "undo" updates, Service Packs,
> and IE upgrades?
> --
> ~PA├×

With Vista it's always scary, if it don't work, try a SR if not, in place
upgrade (repair install) if not then wipe it and start again.

It's so much easier these days for any OS, to make regular images of the
system when it's stable and then just restore from the image when things go
wrong. Had to do that with the neighbour's HP computer over weekend. I
regularly image his computer and a friend's computer so in times of trouble,
it's easier to fix.