update KB970653 fails

Vince

update KB970653 fails
hi,

was wondering if anyone can help me out on this one:
windows wants me to update after every pc session and probably because one
update (KB970653) fails everytime.
It's quite annoying so if anybody knows a solution to this problem.....
thanks in advance
Ǝиçεl

RE: update KB970653 fails
Hello Vince,

When posting to this Newsgяoup at least provide us with details of the
Operating System you are using
including Service Pack level,
and what is the antivirus/security suite installed and
is a 3rd party fiewall being used ??.
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375>

In windowsupdate.log scroll to the very end of this log file, and then
work back to the beginning of that last update attempt.

Cut and paste just that tail end of the log file to a response in this
thread.

Let's see if we can tell what is hªppening.

[ Start > Windows Update or open IE, click Tools, Windows Update ]
When the installations fail, close IE.
Now go to Start > Run > type in

%windir%\windowsupdate.log

Click OK or press Enter
Please post the last 50 or so lines of the WindowsUpdate.log
-=-

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

"Vince" wrote:

> hi,
>
> was wondering if anyone can help me out on this one:
> windows wants me to update after every pc session and probably because one
> update (KB970653) fails everytime.
> It's quite annoying so if anybody knows a solution to this problem.....
> thanks in advance

Shenan Stanley

Re: update KB970653 fails
Vince wrote:
> was wondering if anyone can help me out on this one:
> windows wants me to update after every pc session and probably
> because one update (KB970653) fails everytime.
> It's quite annoying so if anybody knows a solution to this
> problem..... thanks in advance

Tried downloading/installing it manually?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970653

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Vince

Re: update KB970653 fails
Thanks Shenan!
installing it manually seems to have fixed the problem
hopefully permanently! haha

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Vince wrote:
> > was wondering if anyone can help me out on this one:
> > windows wants me to update after every pc session and probably
> > because one update (KB970653) fails everytime.
> > It's quite annoying so if anybody knows a solution to this
> > problem..... thanks in advance

> Tried downloading/installing it manually?
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970653
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Billy ganoe

Re: update KB970653 fails
It is my understanding that updates KB970653, KB972036, and KB973879 are not
good updates and to uninstall if already installed. I forget which one, (one
of the above), but it was previously included in SP2, and if SP2 installed,
they will conflict with each other. This from microsoft and dell. Check on it.
--
Thank you kindly........Billy Ganoe

"Vince" wrote:

> Thanks Shenan!
> installing it manually seems to have fixed the problem
> hopefully permanently! haha
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
> > Vince wrote:
> > > was wondering if anyone can help me out on this one:
> > > windows wants me to update after every pc session and probably
> > > because one update (KB970653) fails everytime.
> > > It's quite annoying so if anybody knows a solution to this
> > > problem..... thanks in advance

> > Tried downloading/installing it manually?
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970653
> >
> > --
> > Shenan Stanley
> > MS-MVP
> > --
> > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Re: update KB970653 fails
None of them are "required" updates.

KB973879 was re-released earlier this month.