"WindowsUpdate_800F081F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Vista SP2

ms

"WindowsUpdate_800F081F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Vista SP2
Unable to install SP 2 on Vista Home Premium. Will appreciate for support

Re: "WindowsUpdate_800F081F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Vista SP2
Description of the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 installation
software feature update (28 Apr-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430

Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for
Windows Server 2008, and for Windows 7 (30 May 2009)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Have KB955430 and KB947821 been installed yet?

============

Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034 &
select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
Issues after you install a service pack).

You'll find additional support for Vista SP2 issues in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general newsgroup and in these forums:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...stawu/threads/

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...nstall/threads

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...stasp/threads/

Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or
Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2: "An internal error occurred while
installing the service pack":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967818

===============================

Vista SP2 Installation Tips:

• Your computer will restart several times during the installation process:
Make certain you've saved your work and closed all open applications before
beginning the install.

• Disable (1) your anti-virus application, (2) any real-time system
protections afforded by any anti-spyware applications (except Defender), &
(3) your third-party firewall (if any) and then (4) enable the Windows
Firewall _before installing or uninstalling_ Vista SP2.

• The installation process can take an hour or much longer, depending on
server demand. If you're installing SP2 on a portable computer, make sure
that you plug-in the power cord and have the battery inserted into its bay.

• Vista SP1 is a prerequisite for installing SP2. If you use Windows Update
or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be offered
the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.
www.banthecheck.com

ms wrote:
> Unable to install SP 2 on Vista Home Premium. Will appreciate for support

ms

Re: "WindowsUpdate_800F081F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Vista SP2
Installed, doesn't work.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Description of the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 installation
> software feature update (28 Apr-09)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430
>
> Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for
> Windows Server 2008, and for Windows 7 (30 May 2009)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
>
> Have KB955430 and KB947821 been installed yet?
>
> ============

> Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
> Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
> chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034 &
> select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
> Issues after you install a service pack).
>
> You'll find additional support for Vista SP2 issues in
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general newsgroup and in these forums:
>
> • http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...stawu/threads/
>
> • http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...nstall/threads
>
> • http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...stasp/threads/
>
> ================================================== ==========
>
> Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or
> Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2: "An internal error occurred while
> installing the service pack":
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967818
>
> ===============================
>
> Vista SP2 Installation Tips:
>
> • Your computer will restart several times during the installation process:
> Make certain you've saved your work and closed all open applications before
> beginning the install.
>
> • Disable (1) your anti-virus application, (2) any real-time system
> protections afforded by any anti-spyware applications (except Defender), &
> (3) your third-party firewall (if any) and then (4) enable the Windows
> Firewall _before installing or uninstalling_ Vista SP2.
>
> • The installation process can take an hour or much longer, depending on
> server demand. If you're installing SP2 on a portable computer, make sure
> that you plug-in the power cord and have the battery inserted into its bay.
>
> • Vista SP1 is a prerequisite for installing SP2. If you use Windows Update
> or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be offered
> the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> ms wrote:
> > Unable to install SP 2 on Vista Home Premium. Will appreciate for support

Re: "WindowsUpdate_800F081F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Vista SP2
Keep reading...

ms wrote:
> [...]
>> (3) your third-party firewall (if any) and then (4) enable the Windows
>> Firewall _before installing or uninstalling_ Vista SP2.
>>
>> • The installation process can take an hour or much longer, depending on
>> server demand. If you're installing SP2 on a portable computer, make
>> sure
>> that you plug-in the power cord and have the battery inserted into its
>> bay.
>>
>> • Vista SP1 is a prerequisite for installing SP2. If you use Windows
>> Update
>> or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be offered
>> the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>

>> ms wrote:
>>> Unable to install SP 2 on Vista Home Premium. Will appreciate for

ms

Re: "WindowsUpdate_800F081F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Vista SP2
I'v tried all tips released so far on ms support and relevant forum's.
Doesn't work. Issue persist

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Description of the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 installation
> software feature update (28 Apr-09)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430
>
> Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for
> Windows Server 2008, and for Windows 7 (30 May 2009)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
>
> Have KB955430 and KB947821 been installed yet?
>
> ============

> Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
> Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
> chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034 &
> select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
> Issues after you install a service pack).
>
> You'll find additional support for Vista SP2 issues in
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general newsgroup and in these forums:
>
> • http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...stawu/threads/
>
> • http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...nstall/threads
>
> • http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...stasp/threads/
>
> ================================================== ==========
>
> Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or
> Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2: "An internal error occurred while
> installing the service pack":
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967818
>
> ===============================
>
> Vista SP2 Installation Tips:
>
> • Your computer will restart several times during the installation process:
> Make certain you've saved your work and closed all open applications before
> beginning the install.
>
> • Disable (1) your anti-virus application, (2) any real-time system
> protections afforded by any anti-spyware applications (except Defender), &
> (3) your third-party firewall (if any) and then (4) enable the Windows
> Firewall _before installing or uninstalling_ Vista SP2.
>
> • The installation process can take an hour or much longer, depending on
> server demand. If you're installing SP2 on a portable computer, make sure
> that you plug-in the power cord and have the battery inserted into its bay.
>
> • Vista SP1 is a prerequisite for installing SP2. If you use Windows Update
> or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be offered
> the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> ms wrote:
> > Unable to install SP 2 on Vista Home Premium. Will appreciate for support

ms

Re: "WindowsUpdate_800F081F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Vista SP2
nobody wrote anything convenient to that isse yet..
Harry Johnston [MVP]

ms wrote:

> Installed, doesn't work.

Try Microsoft Support. Details in PA Bear's message, quoted below.

Harry.

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Description of the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 installation
>> software feature update (28 Apr-09)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430
>>
>> Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for
>> Windows Server 2008, and for Windows 7 (30 May 2009)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
>>
>> Have KB955430 and KB947821 been installed yet?
>>
>> ============
>>
>> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
>> Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
>> Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
>> chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034 &
>> select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
>> Issues after you install a service pack).
>>
>> You'll find additional support for Vista SP2 issues in
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general newsgroup and in these forums:
>>
>> • http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...stawu/threads/
>>
>> • http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...nstall/threads
>>
>> • http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...stasp/threads/
>>
>> ================================================== ==========
>>
>> Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or
>> Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2: "An internal error occurred while
>> installing the service pack":
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967818
>>
>> ===============================
>>
>> Vista SP2 Installation Tips:
>>
>> • Your computer will restart several times during the installation process:
>> Make certain you've saved your work and closed all open applications before
>> beginning the install.
>>
>> • Disable (1) your anti-virus application, (2) any real-time system
>> protections afforded by any anti-spyware applications (except Defender), &
>> (3) your third-party firewall (if any) and then (4) enable the Windows
>> Firewall _before installing or uninstalling_ Vista SP2.
>>
>> • The installation process can take an hour or much longer, depending on
>> server demand. If you're installing SP2 on a portable computer, make sure
>> that you plug-in the power cord and have the battery inserted into its bay.
>>
>> • Vista SP1 is a prerequisite for installing SP2. If you use Windows Update
>> or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be offered
>> the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>

>> ms wrote:
>>> Unable to install SP 2 on Vista Home Premium. Will appreciate for support

TaurArian

ms wrote:
:: nobody wrote anything convenient to that isse yet..

What do you mean convenient, convenient to who?

Your error is: 0x800F081F CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING

Perhaps see:
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Re: "WindowsUpdate_800F081F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Vista SP2
Did you open a free support incident and did MS respond yet?