Incompatible Driver: MSDSM

LUgrad

Incompatible Driver: MSDSM
I know very little about computers. I have been trying to install the Windows
Vista Service Pack 2 update on a fairly new (6 months) HP computer, but I
keep getting "One or more drivers might be incompatible. The driver listed
below might be incompatible with Windows Vista Service Pack 2 ...MSDSM -
Please read Microsoft Knowledge Base article: 967552"

I check for a solution, but the computer does not find one. Can anyone help
and/or explain what is going on and what I should do? Thank You.

Re: Incompatible Driver: MSDSM
Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034 &
select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
Issues after you install a service pack).

You'll find additional support for Vista SP2 issues in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general newsgroup and in these forums:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...stawu/threads/

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...nstall/threads

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...stasp/threads/
www.banthecheck.com

LUgrad wrote:
> I know very little about computers. I have been trying to install the
> Windows Vista Service Pack 2 update on a fairly new (6 months) HP
> computer,
> but I keep getting "One or more drivers might be incompatible. The driver
> listed below might be incompatible with Windows Vista Service Pack 2
> ...MSDSM - Please read Microsoft Knowledge Base article: 967552"
>
> I check for a solution, but the computer does not find one. Can anyone
> help
> and/or explain what is going on and what I should do? Thank You.

hyphenated is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Incompatible Driver: MSDSM
just uninstall vista update 972036 (programs/features > view installed updates > search for KB972036) then try to reinstall sp2

architect is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Incompatible Driver: MSDSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphenated View Post
just uninstall vista update 972036 (programs/features > view installed updates > search for KB972036) then try to reinstall sp2
Thank you for taking time to try to help people... I'm terrified to download the SP2 for various reasons. I saw you post, but... I don't have the last vista update which you spoke about to remove. What will happen if I download SP2 and that driver is incompatible? MSDSM? I can hack through a lot of software, but hardware and drivers and all of that stuff is about 3 floors over my head...
cheflucier

On Aug 26, 1:26*am, LUgrad <LUg...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I know very little about computers. I have been trying to install the Windows
> Vista Service Pack 2 update on a fairly new (6 months) HP computer, but I
> keep getting "One or more drivers might be incompatible. The driver listed
> below might be incompatible with Windows Vista Service Pack 2 ...MSDSM -
> Please read Microsoft Knowledge Base article: 967552"
>
> I check for a solution, but the computer does not find one. Can anyone help
> and/or explain what is going on and what I should do? Thank You.

I bet we are in the same boat. My HP is also about that old, and I
just got the same message. i do not have the update for vista that
the other person said to remove first...did you? Anyway, so what did
you end up doing?

sprinklefurball is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Incompatible Driver: MSDSM
A Windows Server 2008-based computer that is connected to a storage device over MPIO paths does not restart if the storage device is a boot device, or you lose access to the device if the device is a data volume
The problem is only for Windows server 2008, they say just to skip it with Vista.