FAILURE TO UPDATE

ILIAS

FAILURE TO UPDATE
The following updates were not installed

Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant
1.0 x86 (KB963707)
unable to install (KB963707) windows update or manual.
I have no mozila install/

How to fix this problem?
Shenan Stanley

Re: FAILURE TO UPDATE
ILIAS wrote:
> The following updates were not installed
>
> Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework
> Assistant
> 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
> unable to install (KB963707) windows update or manual.
> I have no mozila install/
>
> How to fix this problem?

Operating System?
Service Pack level?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Re: FAILURE TO UPDATE
ILIAS wrote:

> The following updates were not installed
>
> Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant
> 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
> unable to install (KB963707) windows update or manual.
> I have no mozila install/
>
> How to fix this problem?

What Shenan said.

By "manual" do you mean you downloaded the update as an executable file and ran
the file? Did you try running it in Safe Mode?

Harry.
henoseuno

Re: FAILURE TO UPDATE
ILIAS wrote:

> The following updates were not installed
>
> Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant
> 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
> unable to install (KB963707) windows update or manual.
> I have no mozila install/
>
> How to fix this problem?

I too have had the same problem, although ILIAS omitted to mention any Error
Code.

Following my own installation problem, not only did I receive the message
"Installation Failure. Error Code: 0x80070BC2
Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
resources", but according to Microsoft, Error Code: 0x80070BC2 is not
recognised (well, there don't appear to be any answers for it!)

Incidentally, I have WXP SP3 and had accessed Microsoft Windows Update in IE8.

I have Mozilla and Opera on my computer as well as IE8, but always do the
updates from IE.

What Shenan said

> By "manual" do you (i.e. ILIAS) mean you downloaded the update as an executable file and ran the file? Did you try running it in Safe Mode?

My own checking for updates was through accessing the Microsoft Update
website 'manually' (i.e. extra to my normal automatic updates), and then
clicking on 'Express'. Once the update called "Update to .NET Framework 3.5
Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)"
appeared, I clicked to download it. Everything went well until the Error
Message (see above) appeared, and my 'update history' highlights the failed
status for the "Update to .NET Framework 3.5, etc"

Like ILIAS, I would appreciate any help available.

Thanks

Re: FAILURE TO UPDATE
1. Before doing anything else, write down the .NET Framework versions which
are already installed:

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

2. Now see Resolution Method 2 in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
(ignore the title). After running the appropriate/needed tool, (re)install
all .NET Framework versions manually using the download links on the page.
--
~PA Bear

henoseuno wrote:
> ILIAS wrote:
>>
>> The following updates were not installed
>>
>> Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework
>> Assistant
>> 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
>> unable to install (KB963707) windows update or manual.
>> I have no mozila install/
>>
>> How to fix this problem?

> I too have had the same problem, although ILIAS omitted to mention any
> Error
> Code.
>
> Following my own installation problem, not only did I receive the message
> "Installation Failure. Error Code: 0x80070BC2
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources", but according to Microsoft, Error Code: 0x80070BC2 is not
> recognised (well, there don't appear to be any answers for it!)
>
> Incidentally, I have WXP SP3 and had accessed Microsoft Windows Update in
> IE8.
>
> I have Mozilla and Opera on my computer as well as IE8, but always do the
> updates from IE.
>
> What Shenan said
>>
>> By "manual" do you (i.e. ILIAS) mean you downloaded the update as an
>> executable file and ran the file? Did you try running it in Safe Mode?
>>

> My own checking for updates was through accessing the Microsoft Update
> website 'manually' (i.e. extra to my normal automatic updates), and then
> clicking on 'Express'. Once the update called "Update to .NET Framework
> 3.5
> Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)"
> appeared, I clicked to download it. Everything went well until the Error
> Message (see above) appeared, and my 'update history' highlights the
> failed
> status for the "Update to .NET Framework 3.5, etc"
>
> Like ILIAS, I would appreciate any help available.
>
> Thanks

wisperingwind

Re: FAILURE TO UPDATE
I too, have the same problem. The big thing that I noticed today was that the
size of the update was listed as "0 KB", indicating that the upgrade was
empty. What's that about?

"henoseuno" wrote:

> ILIAS wrote:
> >
> > The following updates were not installed
> >
> > Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant
> > 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
> > unable to install (KB963707) windows update or manual.
> > I have no mozila install/
> >
> > How to fix this problem?

> I too have had the same problem, although ILIAS omitted to mention any Error
> Code.
>
> Following my own installation problem, not only did I receive the message
> "Installation Failure. Error Code: 0x80070BC2
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources", but according to Microsoft, Error Code: 0x80070BC2 is not
> recognised (well, there don't appear to be any answers for it!)
>
> Incidentally, I have WXP SP3 and had accessed Microsoft Windows Update in IE8.
>
> I have Mozilla and Opera on my computer as well as IE8, but always do the
> updates from IE.
>
> What Shenan said
> >
> > By "manual" do you (i.e. ILIAS) mean you downloaded the update as an executable file and ran the file? Did you try running it in Safe Mode?
> >

> My own checking for updates was through accessing the Microsoft Update
> website 'manually' (i.e. extra to my normal automatic updates), and then
> clicking on 'Express'. Once the update called "Update to .NET Framework 3.5
> Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)"
> appeared, I clicked to download it. Everything went well until the Error
> Message (see above) appeared, and my 'update history' highlights the failed
> status for the "Update to .NET Framework 3.5, etc"
>
> Like ILIAS, I would appreciate any help available.
>
> Thanks

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Re: FAILURE TO UPDATE
wisperingwind wrote:

> I too, have the same problem. The big thing that I noticed today was that the
> size of the update was listed as "0 KB", indicating that the upgrade was
> empty. What's that about?

That's not the update size but the download size. Zero indicates that the
update has already been downloaded.

Harry.

> "henoseuno" wrote:
>
>> ILIAS wrote:
>>> The following updates were not installed
>>>
>>> Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant
>>> 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
>>> unable to install (KB963707) windows update or manual.
>>> I have no mozila install/
>>>
>>> How to fix this problem?

>> I too have had the same problem, although ILIAS omitted to mention any Error
>> Code.
>>
>> Following my own installation problem, not only did I receive the message
>> "Installation Failure. Error Code: 0x80070BC2
>> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
>> resources", but according to Microsoft, Error Code: 0x80070BC2 is not
>> recognised (well, there don't appear to be any answers for it!)
>>
>> Incidentally, I have WXP SP3 and had accessed Microsoft Windows Update in IE8.
>>
>> I have Mozilla and Opera on my computer as well as IE8, but always do the
>> updates from IE.
>>
>> What Shenan said
>>> By "manual" do you (i.e. ILIAS) mean you downloaded the update as an executable file and ran the file? Did you try running it in Safe Mode?
>>>

>> My own checking for updates was through accessing the Microsoft Update
>> website 'manually' (i.e. extra to my normal automatic updates), and then
>> clicking on 'Express'. Once the update called "Update to .NET Framework 3.5
>> Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)"
>> appeared, I clicked to download it. Everything went well until the Error
>> Message (see above) appeared, and my 'update history' highlights the failed
>> status for the "Update to .NET Framework 3.5, etc"
>>
>> Like ILIAS, I would appreciate any help available.
>>
>> Thanks

Skull

Re: FAILURE TO UPDATE
I also went through the MS update website and my first attempts failed to
install the update. After I finally was able to install the update now I
can't correct html code in Internet Explorer to update my website! Does
anyone have an idea how Internet Explorer is affected by the new update?

"henoseuno" wrote:

> ILIAS wrote:
> >
> > The following updates were not installed
> >
> > Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant
> > 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
> > unable to install (KB963707) windows update or manual.
> > I have no mozila install/
> >
> > How to fix this problem?

> I too have had the same problem, although ILIAS omitted to mention any Error
> Code.
>
> Following my own installation problem, not only did I receive the message
> "Installation Failure. Error Code: 0x80070BC2
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources", but according to Microsoft, Error Code: 0x80070BC2 is not
> recognised (well, there don't appear to be any answers for it!)
>
> Incidentally, I have WXP SP3 and had accessed Microsoft Windows Update in IE8.
>
> I have Mozilla and Opera on my computer as well as IE8, but always do the
> updates from IE.
>
> What Shenan said
> >
> > By "manual" do you (i.e. ILIAS) mean you downloaded the update as an executable file and ran the file? Did you try running it in Safe Mode?
> >

> My own checking for updates was through accessing the Microsoft Update
> website 'manually' (i.e. extra to my normal automatic updates), and then
> clicking on 'Express'. Once the update called "Update to .NET Framework 3.5
> Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)"
> appeared, I clicked to download it. Everything went well until the Error
> Message (see above) appeared, and my 'update history' highlights the failed
> status for the "Update to .NET Framework 3.5, etc"
>
> Like ILIAS, I would appreciate any help available.
>
> Thanks

Re: FAILURE TO UPDATE
And your Windows Update question is...?

See...