Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2009
t-4-2
 

Posts: n/a
Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP1, WLM 14v.
I do not have Firefox. Do I need to install this Update ?
t-4-2
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2009
JS
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
If you do not have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed
on your PC then you may not need it. Keep in mind that
SP1 includes updates to .NET 3.0 and 2.0 which may be
installed on your PC.

How to determine which versions of .NET Framework
are installed and whether any service packs have been applied:
See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com



"t-4-2" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
news:On2CxGN9JHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP1, WLM 14v.
> I do not have Firefox. Do I need to install this Update ?
> t-4-2



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2009
t-4-2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
Update History : - -
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
Update (KB951847) x86
Installation date: ?6/?10/?2009 9:50 PM
Installation status: Successful
Update type: Important
The Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update
that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework
2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing updates to the .NET
Framework 2.0 and the .NET Framework 3.0 subcomponents. The .NET Framework
3.5 Family Update provides important application compatibility updates. This
update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista and Windows
Server 2008 License Terms.

I did have KB951847 installed unwittingly. ( Windows Update is set on "
manual " ).
Can I ignore KB963707, and " hide " it, or just go ahead and install it ?
t-4-2

"JS" <@> wrote in message news:eVvFnUN9JHA.5040@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> If you do not have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed
> on your PC then you may not need it. Keep in mind that
> SP1 includes updates to .NET 3.0 and 2.0 which may be
> installed on your PC.
>
> How to determine which versions of .NET Framework
> are installed and whether any service packs have been applied:
> See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>
> --
> JS
> http://www.pagestart.com
>
>
>
> "t-4-2" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> news:On2CxGN9JHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP1, WLM 14v.
>> I do not have Firefox. Do I need to install this Update ?
>> t-4-2

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2009
JS
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
KB963707 is a patch to NET Framework for Firefox users.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/963707

But even if you do not use Firefox install it anyway.
Upcoming Updates for .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (link previously
posted by PA_Bear)
http://blogs.technet.com/wsus/archiv...ce-pack-1.aspx

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com



"t-4-2" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
news:OrD1UHO9JHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Update History : - -
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update (KB951847) x86
> Installation date: ?6/?10/?2009 9:50 PM
> Installation status: Successful
> Update type: Important
> The Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative
> update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET
> Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing updates to the
> .NET Framework 2.0 and the .NET Framework 3.0 subcomponents. The .NET
> Framework 3.5 Family Update provides important application compatibility
> updates. This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows
> Vista and Windows Server 2008 License Terms.
>
> I did have KB951847 installed unwittingly. ( Windows Update is set on "
> manual " ).
> Can I ignore KB963707, and " hide " it, or just go ahead and install it ?
> t-4-2
>
> "JS" <@> wrote in message news:eVvFnUN9JHA.5040@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> If you do not have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed
>> on your PC then you may not need it. Keep in mind that
>> SP1 includes updates to .NET 3.0 and 2.0 which may be
>> installed on your PC.
>>
>> How to determine which versions of .NET Framework
>> are installed and whether any service packs have been applied:
>> See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>>
>> --
>> JS
>> http://www.pagestart.com
>>
>>
>>
>> "t-4-2" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>> news:On2CxGN9JHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP1, WLM 14v.
>>> I do not have Firefox. Do I need to install this Update ?
>>> t-4-2

>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2009
khaled
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Frame


"JS" wrote:

> If you do not have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed
> on your PC then you may not need it. Keep in mind that
> SP1 includes updates to .NET 3.0 and 2.0 which may be
> installed on your PC.
>
> How to determine which versions of .NET Framework
> are installed and whether any service packs have been applied:
> See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>
> --
> JS
> http://www.pagestart.com
>
>
>
> "t-4-2" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> news:On2CxGN9JHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP1, WLM 14v.
> > I do not have Firefox. Do I need to install this Update ?
> > t-4-2

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
[ <sigh> Here we go again... ]

t-4-2 wrote:
> Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP1, WLM 14v.
> I do not have Firefox. Do I need to install this Update ?
> t-4-2

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2009
t-4-2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Nobody is putting a gun at
your head.
t-4-2

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:#GK$KhS9JHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> [ <sigh> Here we go again... ]
>
> t-4-2 wrote:
>> Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP1, WLM 14v.
>> I do not have Firefox. Do I need to install this Update ?
>> t-4-2


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
Nobody's forcing you to read my [posts in brackets] either.

t-4-2 wrote:
> You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Nobody is putting a gun at
> your head.
> t-4-2
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:#GK$KhS9JHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> [ <sigh> Here we go again... ]
>>
>> t-4-2 wrote:
>>> Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP1, WLM 14v.
>>> I do not have Firefox. Do I need to install this Update ?
>>> t-4-2

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2009
t-4-2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
The integrity of an MVP has just been tarnished by your childish behaviour.
t-4-2

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:#EKk1Eb9JHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Nobody's forcing you to read my [posts in brackets] either.
>
> t-4-2 wrote:
>> You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Nobody is putting a gun at
>> your head.
>> t-4-2
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:#GK$KhS9JHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> [ <sigh> Here we go again... ]
>>>
>>> t-4-2 wrote:
>>>> Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP1, WLM 14v.
>>>> I do not have Firefox. Do I need to install this Update ?
>>>> t-4-2


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2009
John
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
How's the OP supposed to check for a (possible) answer if he/she doesn't
open and read it?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23EKk1Eb9JHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Nobody's forcing you to read my [posts in brackets] either.
>
> t-4-2 wrote:
>> You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Nobody is putting a gun at
>> your head.
>> t-4-2
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:#GK$KhS9JHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> [ <sigh> Here we go again... ]
>>>
>>> t-4-2 wrote:
>>>> Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP1, WLM 14v.
>>>> I do not have Firefox. Do I need to install this Update ?
>>>> t-4-2



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Drakoguard microsoft.public.windowsupdate 8 02-05-2010 22:51
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 charles microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 04-20-2009 15:09
Update of Net framework 3.5 service pack 1 and sql server 2005 service pack 3 does not complete-hangs during install JohnPierce54 Windows Vista Home Premium 0 04-14-2009 17:10
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Al Wilson microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 04-05-2009 22:23
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x64 Installation problem BP microsoft.public.windowsupdate 8 03-16-2009 03:59




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:49.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120