Service Pack Update Problems

TGilk

Service Pack Update Problems
On Sunday May 31, 2009 I downloaded the service pack update, 3.5 Service Pack
1 and have nothing but problems ever since. I've had problems with system
lock-up, non-communication between Outlook Express and Internet Explorer,
Internet Explorer itself, Windows non-response upon selection of a program,
and more. I also have problems now when I attempt to shut down and restart
having to select restart twice because it doesn't complete the shutdown and
restart with one request. I've also noticed, during boot-up the desktop will
refresh midway.

I've checked as much as I can, trying to identify the problem with no
success. I've come to the conclusion that this update has an internal
problem. Reviewing all the problems I'm experiencing, it seems that there
are now two versions of Windows XP running simultaneously. It's as if the
programmers forgot to fully remove something when the new update was
completed, allowing duplicate files to be accessed and causing conflicts.
Everything seems OK upon initial boot-up, but as I go into and out of
programs, the problem compounds itself until my virtual memory becomes full
and will sometimes lock-up my computer, necessitating a shut down by powering
down my computer.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Re: Service Pack Update Problems
[Crosspost to WinXP General]

> Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Not me.

While you reference .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, we need to know your current
WinXP version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP x64 SP2) and current IE version (e.g.,
IE6, IE7, or IE8)?

What third-party firewall (if any)?