Sec.update for IE8 shows as having updated but keeps wanting to up

JimDB

Sec.update for IE8 shows as having updated but keeps wanting to up
The security update for windows 8 is indicated as having updated successfully
but update notification retains the update indicating that it needs to be
updated. Note: My IE no longer works. I went to Microsoft downloads and noted
that IE8 is not compatible with windows 7 beta. Because IE is not working on
my computer, I am currently using opera. Please advise how I can get rid of
the IE8 security update since IE8 is not compatible with windows 7 beta and
what version of IE I can download and use with Windows 7 beta.
Thanks
JimB

Re: Sec.update for IE8 shows as having updated but keeps wanting to up
All support for Win7 Public Beta will be in one of these forums, Jim:

Windows 7 Beta Support Forum (technical)
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...egory/w7itpro/

Getting Ready for Win7 Forum (less technical)
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ndows7/threads

JimDB wrote:
> The security update for windows 8 is indicated as having updated
> successfully but update notification retains the update indicating that it
> needs to be updated. Note: My IE no longer works. I went to Microsoft
> downloads and noted that IE8 is not compatible with windows 7 beta.
> Because
> IE is not working on my computer, I am currently using opera. Please
> advise
> how I can get rid of the IE8 security update since IE8 is not compatible
> with windows 7 beta and what version of IE I can download and use with
> Windows 7 beta.
> Thanks
> JimB

Ǝиçεl

RE: Sec.update for IE8 shows as having updated but keeps wanting to up

How to solve Internet Explorer 8 installation problems ie8

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220>

environment.

=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020

=> Other locales:
<https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=13043>

Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and
seek support in IE General newsgroup:

On the web:
<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer. general>

In your newsreader:

I hope this is enough to get you on the right road for nºw.

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"JimDB" wrote:

> The security update for windows 8 is indicated as having updated successfully
> but update notification retains the update indicating that it needs to be
> updated. Note: My IE no longer works. I went to Microsoft downloads and noted
> that IE8 is not compatible with windows 7 beta. Because IE is not working on
> my computer, I am currently using opera. Please advise how I can get rid of
> the IE8 security update since IE8 is not compatible with windows 7 beta and
> what version of IE I can download and use with Windows 7 beta.
> Thanks
> JimB

Re: Sec.update for IE8 shows as having updated but keeps wanting to up
> ...Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain
> environment.

<pst> OP is running Win7 RC and is having problems installing an IE8 update,
not IE8 itself.

Ǝиçεl wrote:
> How to solve Internet Explorer 8 installation problems ie8
>
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220>
>

> No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage
> (only) is available via the phone based on your locale through 31 December
> 2009. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a
> non-domain
> environment.
>
> => US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
>
> => Other locales:
> <https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=13043>
>

> Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and
> seek support in IE General newsgroup:
>
> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
>
> On the web:
> <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer. general>
>
> In your newsreader:
>

> I hope this is enough to get you on the right road for nºw.
>
> Ǝиçεl
> -=-
>

> "JimDB" wrote:
>
>> The security update for windows 8 is indicated as having updated
>> successfully but update notification retains the update indicating that
>> it
>> needs to be updated. Note: My IE no longer works. I went to Microsoft
>> downloads and noted that IE8 is not compatible with windows 7 beta.
>> Because IE is not working on my computer, I am currently using opera.
>> Please advise how I can get rid of the IE8 security update since IE8 is
>> not compatible with windows 7 beta and what version of IE I can download
>> and use with Windows 7 beta.
>> Thanks
>> JimB

Ǝиçεl

Re: Sec.update for IE8 shows as having updated but keeps wanting t
Ooopppsss