UNABLE TO TURN ON AUTOMATIC UPDATE

TM

UNABLE TO TURN ON AUTOMATIC UPDATE
Automatic Windows Update will not work. I have tried the following: I went
into all programs chose windows update. When it checked for updates it stated
that, "The site cannot continue because one or more of these windows services
is not running: 1. Automatic update 2. Background Intelligent Transfer
Service and 3. Even Log. I followed solutions for all 3 possibilites. For all
of the solutions found in "Services" (run than services.msc) the start and
stop buttons were grayed out so I could not click on start as suggested. As
well, every time I changed the Automatic updates to Enable and clicked,
"apply" it would default back to disable. I have a virus. I had Trend Micro
which had been turned off by my kids so they could go on music sharing
websites. Thats when the virus happend. I have since purchased Norton
Internet Security and removed trend micro. One of the high risk
vulnarabilites was called, "Vundo". I am not sure if this is related or not.
I am not super computer litterate so any help is appreciated!
--
TM

Re: UNABLE TO TURN ON AUTOMATIC UPDATE
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums as well.**