I cant connect to the internet with Windows Update

Momo

I cant connect to the internet with Windows Update
I can't connect to the internet with any program besides Internet Explorer
and Windows Messenger. I am a **** and I have a lot of games on my PC but
NONE connect to the Internet. Please help. AIM doesn't even work, but MSN
works, anyone know anything about this?

For ANYTHING that requires a connection to the internet, it says that it
doesn't have an internet connection.

I get the Error Code: 80070424
Shenan Stanley

Re: I cant connect to the internet with Windows Update
Momo wrote:
> I can't connect to the internet with any program besides Internet
> Explorer and Windows Messenger. I am a **** and I have a lot of
> games on my PC but NONE connect to the Internet. Please help. AIM
> doesn't even work, but MSN works, anyone know anything about this?
>
> For ANYTHING that requires a connection to the internet, it says
> that it doesn't have an internet connection.
>
> I get the Error Code: 80070424

Windows what? Service pack what?

When did it work last and what changed?

Why did you choose the "Windows Update" newsgroup to post your query? Did
this start after installing a certain Windows Update?

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Momo

Re: I cant connect to the internet with Windows Update
Sorry i posted it in this section. Like i said, i'm a ****, so i'm not all
good with computers.

All i know is that it's Windows Vista but i haven't a clue on what pack...

this has been going on for 6 months but it got annoying when none of the
programs connected. This led me to post it where ever i could find help (This
is where i thank you.)

The Scan is in Process now (SUPERAntiSpyware)

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Momo wrote:
> > I can't connect to the internet with any program besides Internet
> > Explorer and Windows Messenger. I am a **** and I have a lot of
> > games on my PC but NONE connect to the Internet. Please help. AIM
> > doesn't even work, but MSN works, anyone know anything about this?
> >
> > For ANYTHING that requires a connection to the internet, it says
> > that it doesn't have an internet connection.
> >
> > I get the Error Code: 80070424

> Windows what? Service pack what?
>
> When did it work last and what changed?
>
> Why did you choose the "Windows Update" newsgroup to post your query? Did
> this start after installing a certain Windows Update?
>
> Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan (separately) with the
> following two applications (freeware versions are the ones to use for this):
>
> SuperAntiSpyware
> http://www.superantispyware.com/
>
> MalwareBytes
> http://www.malwarebytes.com/
>
> After performing a full scan with one and then the other and removing
> whatever they both find completely, you may uninstall these products,
> if you wish.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Re: I cant connect to the internet with Windows Update
Perhaps your parents installed parental control software because they don't
want you to play online games or chat via AIM?