question on an update

Rage Skywolfe

question on an update
I had thought I had windows search hidden when I installed the updates
recently after a reformat. but it installed. when I removed it it said there
were some components that might not work with the removal of this... my
question is. net.framework2.0 redistribute was removed out of that I
think...there were only a few applications don't remember what they were
other than framework 2.0 the redistribute and framework 3.5 and the update
for that I think. my question is are these something that will not work
because of that uninstall? and is it something that is a security threat if
search is installed... (I uninstalled search because I didn't want it on the
comp ))
--
Four Generations Of Trust And Betrayal...One Legacy

Skywolfe
Rage Skywolfe

RE: question on an update
ok the programs are smartcard cryptographic service package
hotfix for windows xp kb8954550v-5
net.framework service pack 3.5 sp1 and 3.0 service pack 2
2.0 service pack 2
and hotfix for net.framework 3.5 sp1

the question is does this mean anything or is it a precaution?
--

"Rage Skywolfe" wrote:

> I had thought I had windows search hidden when I installed the updates
> recently after a reformat. but it installed. when I removed it it said there
> were some components that might not work with the removal of this... my
> question is. net.framework2.0 redistribute was removed out of that I
> think...there were only a few applications don't remember what they were
> other than framework 2.0 the redistribute and framework 3.5 and the update
> for that I think. my question is are these something that will not work
> because of that uninstall? and is it something that is a security threat if
> search is installed... (I uninstalled search because I didn't want it on the
> comp ))
> --
> Four Generations Of Trust And Betrayal...One Legacy
>
> Skywolfe

Re: question on an update
Don't worry about it.

Rage Skywolfe wrote:
> I had thought I had windows search hidden when I installed the updates
> recently after a reformat. but it installed. when I removed it it said
> there
> were some components that might not work with the removal of this... my
> question is. net.framework2.0 redistribute was removed out of that I
> think...there were only a few applications don't remember what they were
> other than framework 2.0 the redistribute and framework 3.5 and the update
> for that I think. my question is are these something that will not work
> because of that uninstall? and is it something that is a security threat
> if
> search is installed... (I uninstalled search because I didn't want it on
> the
> comp ))

Rage Skywolfe

Re: question on an update