Connecting to Windows Update

jordan2

Connecting to Windows Update
Although working fine before, now, when trying to connect to Windows Update,
i get the message "The requested URL/windows update/V6/default.aspx was not
found on this server". Should i change a setting? Thank you.

Re: Connecting to Windows Update
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

jordan2 wrote:
> Although working fine before, now, when trying to connect to Windows
> Update,
> i get the message "The requested URL/windows update/V6/default.aspx was
> not
> found on this server". Should i change a setting? Thank you.

jordan2

Re: Connecting to Windows Update
Please note that the version is Windows 2000 Professional with NT. It
includes all updates (including SPs) that have been available through Windows
Update until April 10, 2009. Hope this helps. Thank you.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> jordan2 wrote:
> > Although working fine before, now, when trying to connect to Windows
> > Update,
> > i get the message "The requested URL/windows update/V6/default.aspx was
> > not
> > found on this server". Should i change a setting? Thank you.

Re: Connecting to Windows Update
Is Automatic Updates installed and enabled on this Win2K SP4 (I assume) box?

How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Win2K:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327850

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Any chance that you'd reinstalled Win2K without having first uninstalled IE6
SP1 and any post-IE6 Service Packs?

jordan2 wrote:
> Please note that the version is Windows 2000 Professional with NT. It
> includes all updates (including SPs) that have been available through
> Windows Update until April 10, 2009. Hope this helps. Thank you.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
>> when posting to this newsgroup.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>
>> jordan2 wrote:
>>> Although working fine before, now, when trying to connect to Windows
>>> Update,
>>> i get the message "The requested URL/windows update/V6/default.aspx was
>>> not
>>> found on this server". Should i change a setting? Thank you.

jordan2

Re: Connecting to Windows Update
Yes, it is SP4.
Could not find Automatic Updates installed, so followed the suggestions on
327850 to do this. However, when trying to access, anything at all, now
receive this message, "The requested URL/en/default.asp was not found on this
server."
Have NOD32 and it is current. No other spyware or firewall.
No Win2k reinstallation.
Will keep working on this, thank you for your kind suggestions.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is Automatic Updates installed and enabled on this Win2K SP4 (I assume) box?
>
> How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Win2K:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327850

> What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> Any chance that you'd reinstalled Win2K without having first uninstalled IE6
> SP1 and any post-IE6 Service Packs?
>

> jordan2 wrote:
> > Please note that the version is Windows 2000 Professional with NT. It
> > includes all updates (including SPs) that have been available through
> > Windows Update until April 10, 2009. Hope this helps. Thank you.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
> >> when posting to this newsgroup.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Re: Connecting to Windows Update
Is the machine behind a Proxy?

jordan2 wrote:
> Yes, it is SP4.
> Could not find Automatic Updates installed, so followed the suggestions on
> 327850 to do this. However, when trying to access, anything at all, now
> receive this message, "The requested URL/en/default.asp was not found on
> this server."
> Have NOD32 and it is current. No other spyware or firewall.
> No Win2k reinstallation.
> Will keep working on this, thank you for your kind suggestions.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Is Automatic Updates installed and enabled on this Win2K SP4 (I assume)
>> box?
>>
>> How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Win2K:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327850

>> Any chance that you'd reinstalled Win2K without having first uninstalled
>> IE6 SP1 and any post-IE6 Service Packs?
>>

>> jordan2 wrote:
>>> Please note that the version is Windows 2000 Professional with NT. It
>>> includes all updates (including SPs) that have been available through
>>> Windows Update until April 10, 2009. Hope this helps. Thank you.

jordan2

Re: Connecting to Windows Update
No, it is not. Again, thanks, i'll keep working on this until i resolve it.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is the machine behind a Proxy?
>
> jordan2 wrote:
> > Yes, it is SP4.
> > Could not find Automatic Updates installed, so followed the suggestions on
> > 327850 to do this. However, when trying to access, anything at all, now
> > receive this message, "The requested URL/en/default.asp was not found on
> > this server."
> > Have NOD32 and it is current. No other spyware or firewall.
> > No Win2k reinstallation.
> > Will keep working on this, thank you for your kind suggestions.
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Is Automatic Updates installed and enabled on this Win2K SP4 (I assume)
> >> box?
> >>
> >> How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Win2K:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327850
> >>
> >> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> >> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
> >> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
> >>
> >> Any chance that you'd reinstalled Win2K without having first uninstalled
> >> IE6 SP1 and any post-IE6 Service Packs?

Re: Connecting to Windows Update
Can you reach other microsoft.com URLs?