Error {80070424}

Rob

Error {80070424}
I have tried every thing to fix this problem. I is making me not like Vista
.. It has been a real pain. Any help would be great .
If I go to the update centre it asks for admin access but there is no place
to put it in

MowGreen

Re: Error {80070424}
Rob wrote:

> I have tried every thing to fix this problem. I is making me not like Vista
> . It has been a real pain. Any help would be great .
> If I go to the update centre it asks for admin access but there is no place
> to put it in

Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites
to install updates: 0x80070424
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968002/

If no joy, click the Start orb, in the Start Search field type in

cmd

Right click cmd.exe and choose 'Run as administer'. Follow the prompts
to allow the Command Prompt to run.

At the prompt, type in the below and press Enter after *each* command

regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
exit

Restart the system and see if it can update now.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============
Rob

Re: Error {80070424}
I have tried all of that plus more still nothing works . But when I go to
services there is not windows upate there. If I try to install any updates I
get the same error, even if I try windows defender still same error

Rob

"MowGreen" wrote:

> Rob wrote:
>
> > I have tried every thing to fix this problem. I is making me not like Vista
> > . It has been a real pain. Any help would be great .
> > If I go to the update centre it asks for admin access but there is no place
> > to put it in
> >

> Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites
> to install updates: 0x80070424
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968002/
>
> If no joy, click the Start orb, in the Start Search field type in
>
> cmd
>
> Right click cmd.exe and choose 'Run as administer'. Follow the prompts
> to allow the Command Prompt to run.
>
> At the prompt, type in the below and press Enter after *each* command
>
> regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
> exit
>
> Restart the system and see if it can update now.
>

> MowGreen
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============

Re: Error {80070424}
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums as well.**

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

Rob wrote:
> I have tried all of that plus more still nothing works . But when I go to
> services there is not windows upate there. If I try to install any updates
> get the same error, even if I try windows defender still same error
>
> "MowGreen" wrote:
>> Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites
>> to install updates: 0x80070424
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968002/
>>
>> If no joy, click the Start orb, in the Start Search field type in
>>
>> cmd
>>
>> Right click cmd.exe and choose 'Run as administer'. Follow the prompts
>> to allow the Command Prompt to run.
>>
>> At the prompt, type in the below and press Enter after *each* command
>>
>> regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
>> exit
>>
>> Restart the system and see if it can update now.
>>
>> Rob wrote:
>>> I have tried every thing to fix this problem. I is making me not like
>>> Vista . It has been a real pain. Any help would be great .
>>> If I go to the update centre it asks for admin access but there is no
>>> place to put it in

Ǝиçεl

Re: Error {80070424}
Hello Rob,

<https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527>

subsidiary.

There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
security updates.

When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB969613).
-=-