download progress

em21

download progress
I recently did a Windows Restore. Now I am on the middle of lot of Updates.
I have it set to warn me when there is one to download and install. The
yellow sign comes on and tells me i have updates to download or inatall. I
click OK. The yellow flag stays a few seconds and then dissapears, so I don't
konw what,s going on. Sometimes the update installs, sometimes it appears in
Shut down. (Install updates and shutdow).

It's there a way to set this so I can see the download progress?

Thanks
Edith
--
edith
TaurArian

RE: download progress
That is by *design*.

What happens is, that some updates will download but not all that have been
approved. So when you shut down, you're offered the updates that have been
downloaded to install.

The yellow shield will finally turn up again *when it's good and ready* when
all updates are downloaded and ready to install (if you're lucky).

The only real control is set it to notify only and do a manual scan and then
you'll see the progress of the updates downloading. Be aware though, this
pushes others to the back of the queue when they are using AU.

Good luck

"em21" wrote:

> I recently did a Windows Restore. Now I am on the middle of lot of Updates.
> I have it set to warn me when there is one to download and install. The
> yellow sign comes on and tells me i have updates to download or inatall. I
> click OK. The yellow flag stays a few seconds and then dissapears, so I don't
> konw what,s going on. Sometimes the update installs, sometimes it appears in
> Shut down. (Install updates and shutdow).
>
> It's there a way to set this so I can see the download progress?
>
> Thanks
> Edith
> --
> edith

SR.Rasheed

RE: download progress
solve the problem thank you ali insha alla will be meet around the world
where ever

"em21" wrote:

> I recently did a Windows Restore. Now I am on the middle of lot of Updates.
> I have it set to warn me when there is one to download and install. The
> yellow sign comes on and tells me i have updates to download or inatall. I
> click OK. The yellow flag stays a few seconds and then dissapears, so I don't
> konw what,s going on. Sometimes the update installs, sometimes it appears in
> Shut down. (Install updates and shutdow).
>
> It's there a way to set this so I can see the download progress?
>
> Thanks
> Edith
> --
> edith

SR.Rasheed

RE: download progress
thank you

Progress Paul Security News 0 03-07-2008 14:50
XP SP2 for tablets download -- no progress report peter microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 02-08-2008 01:13
Download Progress Brenda microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 1 01-12-2008 22:51
zero progress Jay microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 10-16-2007 11:17
urge download progress AMD microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 4 06-01-2007 11:12