Re: IE7 printing problem after kb969897

This just in!...

Ask the IE Support Team Blog: Printing functionality fails in Internet
Explorer 7 and 8 on Windows XP
http://blogs.msdn.com/askie/archive/...indows-xp.aspx

<QP>
In troubleshooting this behavior, we have found that uninstalling the
Microsoft Software Inventory Analyzer software, via Add or Remove Programs
option in Control panel, resolves these printing functionality issues. This
is our recommendation.

Deeper troubleshooting of this issue indicates a registry key added by the
Microsoft Software Inventory Analyzer, may be the root cause of the
failure...
</QP>

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> You're welcome!
> You're welcome!
> You're welcome!
>
> An MS Support tells us privately of a(nother) possible workaround: Remove
> the .DLG File Association in Windows Explorer: Folder Options | File Types
> tab. Once it has been deleted, IE printing should start working normally
> again.
>
> Pico wrote:
>> Dear Robear Dyer,
>> I had the same problem.
>> Reinstalling KB969897and uninstalling Microsoft Software Inventory
>> Analyzer (MSIA) resolved the issue.
>> Thanks!
>> Thanks!
>> Thanks!
>> Pedro Pico

Adrian Marsh

Re: IE7 printing problem after kb969897
Removing the DLG association worked for me.
This has been driving me mad for ages!!

Glad I spent two ticks to check the newsgroup.

Mine was on IE8

Ta muchly. IE8 and Office 2003 back to printing again..

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> This just in!...
>
> Ask the IE Support Team Blog: Printing functionality fails in Internet
> Explorer 7 and 8 on Windows XP
> http://blogs.msdn.com/askie/archive/...indows-xp.aspx
>

> <QP>
> In troubleshooting this behavior, we have found that uninstalling the
> Microsoft Software Inventory Analyzer software, via Add or Remove
> Programs option in Control panel, resolves these printing functionality
> issues. This is our recommendation.
>
> Deeper troubleshooting of this issue indicates a registry key added by
> the Microsoft Software Inventory Analyzer, may be the root cause of the
> failure...
> </QP>
>

> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> You're welcome!
>> You're welcome!
>> You're welcome!
>>
>> An MS Support tells us privately of a(nother) possible workaround: Remove
>> the .DLG File Association in Windows Explorer: Folder Options | File
>> Types
>> tab. Once it has been deleted, IE printing should start working normally
>> again.
>>
>> Pico wrote:
>>> Dear Robear Dyer,
>>> I had the same problem.
>>> Reinstalling KB969897and uninstalling Microsoft Software Inventory
>>> Analyzer (MSIA) resolved the issue.
>>> Thanks!
>>> Thanks!
>>> Thanks!