Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Could June 09 updates have caused this?

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2009
Mike
 

Posts: n/a
Could June 09 updates have caused this?
Hi

Wonder if you can help me?

I have been running my system without issue for some years now.
(Win XP Home)
Just after the June 09 updates I found that all my log on cookies for forums
like this one would only last for a short time before going missing!

I was using IE6 and was told to go to IE7 which I have done, however this
has not solved the issue.
I even tried Firefox which had the same problem.

I have tried using msconfig to only start MS services and start ups but this
does not resolve the issue.

The only thing that is changed are the June updates.

Thnaks for any help

Mike
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2009
Gerry
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Could June 09 updates have caused this?
Mike

Are you using cCleaner? Is an option under Internet Explorer, Cookies
checked?

--


Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Mike wrote:
> Hi
>
> Wonder if you can help me?
>
> I have been running my system without issue for some years now.
> (Win XP Home)
> Just after the June 09 updates I found that all my log on cookies for
> forums like this one would only last for a short time before going
> missing!
>
> I was using IE6 and was told to go to IE7 which I have done, however
> this has not solved the issue.
> I even tried Firefox which had the same problem.
>
> I have tried using msconfig to only start MS services and start ups
> but this does not resolve the issue.
>
> The only thing that is changed are the June updates.
>
> Thnaks for any help
>
> Mike


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2009
Mike
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Could June 09 updates have caused this?
HI Gerry

Yes and have been for some years too!
I have tried with everything stopped via msconfig and with Firefox and still
it happens.

"Gerry" wrote:

> Mike
>
> Are you using cCleaner? Is an option under Internet Explorer, Cookies
> checked?
>
> --
>
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~
> FCA
> Stourport, England
> Enquire, plan and execute
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>
>
>
> Mike wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Wonder if you can help me?
> >
> > I have been running my system without issue for some years now.
> > (Win XP Home)
> > Just after the June 09 updates I found that all my log on cookies for
> > forums like this one would only last for a short time before going
> > missing!
> >
> > I was using IE6 and was told to go to IE7 which I have done, however
> > this has not solved the issue.
> > I even tried Firefox which had the same problem.
> >
> > I have tried using msconfig to only start MS services and start ups
> > but this does not resolve the issue.
> >
> > The only thing that is changed are the June updates.
> >
> > Thnaks for any help
> >
> > Mike

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Could June 09 updates have caused this?
Mike, do us all a favor and please stick with your ongoing thread in IE
General newsgroup:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e9544e47e65655

Thanks.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


Mike wrote:
> Wonder if you can help me?
>
> I have been running my system without issue for some years now.
> (Win XP Home)
> Just after the June 09 updates I found that all my log on cookies for
> forums
> like this one would only last for a short time before going missing!
>
> I was using IE6 and was told to go to IE7 which I have done, however this
> has not solved the issue.
> I even tried Firefox which had the same problem.
>
> I have tried using msconfig to only start MS services and start ups but
> this
> does not resolve the issue.
>
> The only thing that is changed are the June updates.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2009
Mike
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Could June 09 updates have caused this?
While I can see the link being very helpful I think I have shown the problem
is not specific to IE, hence trying to get some discussion going about it
here?

If despite this it would be best to carry on on the IE thread then I am
happy with that too.

By the way, there seem to be a number of people posting about this same
issue, a search for 'cookies' suggests this anyway.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Mike, do us all a favor and please stick with your ongoing thread in IE
> General newsgroup:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e9544e47e65655
>
> Thanks.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>
>
> Mike wrote:
> > Wonder if you can help me?
> >
> > I have been running my system without issue for some years now.
> > (Win XP Home)
> > Just after the June 09 updates I found that all my log on cookies for
> > forums
> > like this one would only last for a short time before going missing!
> >
> > I was using IE6 and was told to go to IE7 which I have done, however this
> > has not solved the issue.
> > I even tried Firefox which had the same problem.
> >
> > I have tried using msconfig to only start MS services and start ups but
> > this
> > does not resolve the issue.
> >
> > The only thing that is changed are the June updates.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2009
Gerry
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Could June 09 updates have caused this?
Mike

Is the option in cCleaner checked or unchecked?

What anti-spyware software are you using?


--


Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Mike wrote:
> HI Gerry
>
> Yes and have been for some years too!
> I have tried with everything stopped via msconfig and with Firefox
> and still it happens.
>
> "Gerry" wrote:
>
>> Mike
>>
>> Are you using cCleaner? Is an option under Internet Explorer, Cookies
>> checked?
>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Gerry
>> ~~~~
>> FCA
>> Stourport, England
>> Enquire, plan and execute
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Mike wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Wonder if you can help me?
>>>
>>> I have been running my system without issue for some years now.
>>> (Win XP Home)
>>> Just after the June 09 updates I found that all my log on cookies
>>> for forums like this one would only last for a short time before
>>> going missing!
>>>
>>> I was using IE6 and was told to go to IE7 which I have done, however
>>> this has not solved the issue.
>>> I even tried Firefox which had the same problem.
>>>
>>> I have tried using msconfig to only start MS services and start ups
>>> but this does not resolve the issue.
>>>
>>> The only thing that is changed are the June updates.
>>>
>>> Thnaks for any help
>>>
>>> Mike


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Could June 09 updates have caused this?
> I think I have shown the problem is not specific to IE

Who said anything about IE being the problem? Again, see your thread in IE
General: You have more work to do.

> By the way, there seem to be a number of people posting about this same
> issue, a search for 'cookies' suggests this anyway.


Your cookies problem is unique to your computer and the applications you
have installed (or don't have installed, as the case may be). Ditto for
every other thread about cookies.

Mike wrote:
> While I can see the link being very helpful I think I have shown the
> problem
> is not specific to IE, hence trying to get some discussion going about it
> here?
>
> If despite this it would be best to carry on on the IE thread then I am
> happy with that too.
>
> By the way, there seem to be a number of people posting about this same
> issue, a search for 'cookies' suggests this anyway.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Mike, do us all a favor and please stick with your ongoing thread in IE
>> General newsgroup:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e9544e47e65655
>>
>> Thanks.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>
>>
>> Mike wrote:
>>> Wonder if you can help me?
>>>
>>> I have been running my system without issue for some years now.
>>> (Win XP Home)
>>> Just after the June 09 updates I found that all my log on cookies for
>>> forums
>>> like this one would only last for a short time before going missing!
>>>
>>> I was using IE6 and was told to go to IE7 which I have done, however
>>> this
>>> has not solved the issue.
>>> I even tried Firefox which had the same problem.
>>>
>>> I have tried using msconfig to only start MS services and start ups but
>>> this
>>> does not resolve the issue.
>>>
>>> The only thing that is changed are the June updates.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RE: No Updates for XP SP2 since June? khjk microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 01-17-2009 15:17
Latest updates caused a few problems jims microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 11-29-2008 17:10
RE: Vista updates 22 June 06 onepennyman microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 11-28-2008 05:52
Re: Vista updates 22 June 06 Shadow of Conch microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 07-30-2008 12:22
June Updates Paul Security News 0 06-11-2008 13:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:58.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120