Updating...

MattC

Updating...
So I've had my computer for about two months now and I've only recently had
problems updating. The last two times my sleep button had an update prompt
attached to it after the updates installed my computer had problems
restarting. It kept saying that the was a problem with the startup process.
It wouldn't even get to the sign in screen. This last time it prompted me i
started windows normally and it seems to be working fine but im not sure
whats going on. I know absolutely nothing about computers so any help/ideas
would be much appreciated.
thanks,
matt

Re: Updating...
Sounds like you've experienced problems after installing an update, not
"problems updating." Best post about these problems in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general newsgroup instead.

If you feel that a recently installed security update caused the problem, MS
offers no-charge support for that.

MattC wrote:
> So I've had my computer for about two months now and I've only recently
> had
> problems updating. The last two times my sleep button had an update prompt
> attached to it after the updates installed my computer had problems
> restarting. It kept saying that the was a problem with the startup
> process.
> It wouldn't even get to the sign in screen. This last time it prompted me
> started windows normally and it seems to be working fine but im not sure
> whats going on. I know absolutely nothing about computers so any
> help/ideas
> would be much appreciated.
> thanks,
> matt

rlnicely

RE: Updating...
I have been using computer for quite a while (after much work establishing
server) and it seemed fine until I went to windows live. Could not connect to
server and it would not even recognize me as person to sign in. My computer
at the moment is unstable and I don't have a clue as to what is going on.
Will not even allow me to go to windows Internet Explorer-shows "can not
display page". Auto-matic updates also fouled up. Really aggravated with this
problem!!!!!