OX80070002; http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink./?Link=101139

Mary

OX80070002; http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink./?Link=101139
I have a MSN dial-up ISP so I cannot download any large updates. I have to go
to the library and download all large updates on my USB storage and then
download manually on my computer.
I went to Microsoft's website for downloads and I found the download for my
VISTA was "Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0"
I downloaded it onto my USB and when I tried to manually download the
Microsoft VISTA Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0 two times I received the error
code - OX80070002.
The message said to go to the following URL -
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink./?Link=
When I went to that URL the screen was blank and the URL was dead.
I am not going to stuff more of my money into Bill Gates billionaire pockets
by PAYING for a CD to download these updates when Microsoft should be sending
them out for free to users who have ALREADY paid hundreds of dollars for
VISTA because we were FORCED to use VISTA instead of the XP which was tried
and true and which I had no problems with at all.
The links that I have already read on this website do not provide the help
that I need, and they are over one year old.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Is anyone reading these questions anymore?
Will someone provide actual assistance so I can download Update 1 and Update
2 for this Windows VISTA Home Premium?
Mary

RE: OX80070002; http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink./?Link=101139
If there is another link to correct the download problem other than -
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink./?Link=101139
please let me know.

Also, if I have the wrong update for Windows VISTA Home Premium please let
me know what URL on Microsoft.com I need to go to for the correct update.

Thanks to anyone who is listening and who might reply.

"Mary" wrote:

> I have a MSN dial-up ISP so I cannot download any large updates. I have to go
> to the library and download all large updates on my USB storage and then
> download manually on my computer.
> I went to Microsoft's website for downloads and I found the download for my
> VISTA was "Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0"
> I downloaded it onto my USB and when I tried to manually download the
> Microsoft VISTA Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0 two times I received the error
> code - OX80070002.
> The message said to go to the following URL -
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink./?Link=101139
> When I went to that URL the screen was blank and the URL was dead.
> I am not going to stuff more of my money into Bill Gates billionaire pockets
> by PAYING for a CD to download these updates when Microsoft should be sending
> them out for free to users who have ALREADY paid hundreds of dollars for
> VISTA because we were FORCED to use VISTA instead of the XP which was tried
> and true and which I had no problems with at all.
> The links that I have already read on this website do not provide the help
> that I need, and they are over one year old.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Is anyone reading these questions anymore?
> Will someone provide actual assistance so I can download Update 1 and Update
> 2 for this Windows VISTA Home Premium?

TaurArian

Mary wrote:
[...]

0x80070002 ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

Windows Update error 80070002
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...9a75f1033.mspx
Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft Update
Web site to install updates: "0x80070002"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Re: OX80070002; http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink./?Link=101139
Mary, how have you determined that your Vista computer needs KB936630
(Service Pack 1)?

Is it a Notebook PC?