error code 80244019 & can't download anything from microsoft

nicebadboy518

error code 80244019 & can't download anything from microsoft
for about 2 months now i keep getting this error when i try to download &
install updates. i've done everything it tells me too, i've scan for viruses.
also i can't download anything from microsoft. i've tried EI 8 and other
softwares. it just comes up with a page that says :Page not found -
connection failure " Oops! This link appears to be broken" and suggests
other web addresses but all the ones it says to try come up with the same
message when i click download on those pages too. im running vista premium
home with service pack #1.

Re: error code 80244019 & can't download anything from microsoft
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

nicebadboy518 wrote:
> for about 2 months now i keep getting this error when i try to download &
> install updates. i've done everything it tells me too, i've scan for
> viruses. also i can't download anything from microsoft. i've tried EI 8
> and
> other softwares. it just comes up with a page that says :Page not found -
> connection failure " Oops! This link appears to be broken" and suggests
> other web addresses but all the ones it says to try come up with the same
> message when i click download on those pages too. im running vista premium
> home with service pack #1.

yagsy

RE: error code 80244019 & can't download anything from microsoft
Hey, sound like you have the same problem I just had.
Try getting Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and/or SUPERAntiSpyware Professional.
(I used both.) Run a FULL scan, ect...
Retstart ur comp. and try updating again, although mine started automaticly.
This worked for me, and hopefully i'll work for you to. (Y)
Good Luck

yagsy
nicebadboy518

RE: error code 80244019 & can't download anything from microsoft
great!!! yes i did this and it did fix it, thanks very much, i really didnt
want to format and reload.

"yagsy" wrote:

> Hey, sound like you have the same problem I just had.
> Try getting Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and/or SUPERAntiSpyware Professional.
> (I used both.) Run a FULL scan, ect...
> Retstart ur comp. and try updating again, although mine started automaticly.
> This worked for me, and hopefully i'll work for you to. (Y)
> Good Luck
>
> yagsy

BeckyD

RE: error code 80244019 & can't download anything from microsoft
Hi.
Just want to say, after having the same problem for almost a month and
trying absolutely everything to try and resolve it nothing seemed to work, so
came on here to see if any1 had the same problem and read what u had done to
get it working again so i tried the malwarebytes Anti-malware scan which
actually found 2 trojans!! So once i removed these and restarted my computer
everything was working normal again, i had previously scanned my computer
with loads of other software before this but it didn't pick anything up.
So i wanted 2 say thanks for your post as i was ready to give up completely!
Thanks again !!!!
Becky!