Last update uninstalled my sound

Darko hath

Last update uninstalled my sound

I booted up my computer and began to play a game when I noticed there
was no sound. So down in the lower right corner of my screen there is a
little white X in a red circle. Somehow now it says there is no audio
output device installed and I do not have a clue how this happened. When
I go into control panel>sound it says no audio devices are installed as
well. So.. could somebody help cause the closest idea I have is that it
just fell out of my computer someway.

If it helps I have a sony vaio.
If you would like to know any additional information just ask.

--
Darko hath
Darko hath's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/105468.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Shenan Stanley

Re: Last update uninstalled my sound
Darko hath wrote:
> I booted up my computer and began to play a game when I noticed
> there was no sound. So down in the lower right corner of my screen
> there is a little white X in a red circle. Somehow now it says
> there is no audio output device installed and I do not have a clue
> how this happened. When I go into control panel>sound it says no
> audio devices are installed as well. So.. could somebody help cause
> the closest idea I have is that it just fell out of my computer
> someway.
>
> If it helps I have a sony vaio.
> If you would like to know any additional information just ask.

Visit Sony's website and download the latest sound device driver for your
model of system and install it.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Darko hath

Re: Last update uninstalled my sound

Ok I will try that but im looking around sony vaio website and ive no
idea where on it to look? Ive never downloaded one before. Any chance
any of you know?

Darko hath wrote:
> Ok I will try that but im looking around sony vaio website and ive
> no idea where on it to look? Ive never downloaded one before. Any
> chance any of you know?

Model of your Sony Vaio?

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select...com/index.php#

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Re: Last update uninstalled my sound
And your Windows Update problem is...?

Darko hath wrote:
> I booted up my computer and began to play a game when I noticed there
> was no sound. So down in the lower right corner of my screen there is a
> little white X in a red circle. Somehow now it says there is no audio
> output device installed and I do not have a clue how this happened. When
> I go into control panel>sound it says no audio devices are installed as
> well. So.. could somebody help cause the closest idea I have is that it
> just fell out of my computer someway.
>
> If it helps I have a sony vaio.
> If you would like to know any additional information just ask.

yagsy

RE: Last update uninstalled my sound
By any chance are u runnin windows vista. Download an update, restart and
habe no sound devices? Cuz that happened 2 me once, used a system restore
from my last 'point', restarted and it was bk.

yagsy
Tasha

RE: Last update uninstalled my sound
how do i install for sound on my computer