June 2009 Windows Update

DSmith

June 2009 Windows Update
Automatic update came with 14 updates on my Dell XP. After the updates, my
computer would continuously freeze. No error codes. Nothing that I could
deduce from Event Viewer. Restore to a point before the updates. Everything
works fine again. Reinstalled XP updates--again freeze. Restore again.
Everything works fine. Reinstalled all Office 2007 updates. Everything works
fine.
So any ideas, there are about 6 updates that at least one freezes my machine
and they seem to work together, because I couldn't delete any of them
without effecting the others, the reason for a restore. The XP updates also
effected SpyDoctor. I've had to turn off automatic updates since these
updates freeze my machine. Any direction or help would be greatly
appreciated.

DSmith

Re: June 2009 Windows Update
Also, we have 5 other XP computers that updated without a problem with
pretty much the same software loaded. I've never had an update problem, so
this has been a real pain.

"DSmith" <donna@DONTSPAMresxrn.com> wrote in message
> Automatic update came with 14 updates on my Dell XP. After the updates, my
> computer would continuously freeze. No error codes. Nothing that I could
> deduce from Event Viewer. Restore to a point before the updates.
> Everything works fine again. Reinstalled XP updates--again freeze. Restore
> again. Everything works fine. Reinstalled all Office 2007 updates.
> Everything works fine.
> So any ideas, there are about 6 updates that at least one freezes my
> machine and they seem to work together, because I couldn't delete any of
> them without effecting the others, the reason for a restore. The XP
> updates also effected SpyDoctor. I've had to turn off automatic updates
> since these updates freeze my machine. Any direction or help would be
> greatly appreciated.

Re: June 2009 Windows Update

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the "Consumer IE queue" (which is
47830).

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net