constant return to config screen

marbles

constant return to config screen
i just reloaded and formated hd with vista 32. i have updates turned to
notifie me when there is one to download and install. everytime i turn off
the system it goes through the configureing updates 3 step prosses. i havent
downloaded an update in 3 days. help plz.

Re: constant return to config screen
The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the
computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

marbles wrote:
> i just reloaded and formated hd with vista 32. i have updates turned to
> notifie me when there is one to download and install. everytime i turn
> off
> the system it goes through the configureing updates 3 step prosses. i
> havent downloaded an update in 3 days. help plz.

marbles

Re: constant return to config screen
the comp will start and run fine. but when i log off it will continue to
complete prosses . then when i start it back up it all happens again. it
hasnt interfared with windows it is just annoying to have it do that for 3 to
5 min every time i log on

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the
> computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358
>

> marbles wrote:
> > i just reloaded and formated hd with vista 32. i have updates turned to
> > notifie me when there is one to download and install. everytime i turn
> > off
> > the system it goes through the configureing updates 3 step prosses. i
> > havent downloaded an update in 3 days. help plz.

Re: constant return to config screen
Yes, I know. Did you read all of the Resolutions in KB959358? Did you see
the "How to avoid this problem" section at the bottom?

Also see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937287 (Thanks, BroMow!)

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Yes, I know. Did you read all of the Resolutions in KB959358? Did you
> see
> the "How to avoid this problem" section at the bottom?
>
> marbles wrote:
>> the comp will start and run fine. but when i log off it will continue to
>> complete prosses . then when i start it back up it all happens again.
>> it
>> hasnt interfared with windows it is just annoying to have it do that for
>> 3
>> to 5 min every time i log on
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the
>>> computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

Re: constant return to config screen
Via private email, marbles reports: "the problem fixed itself. nothing
helped. after about 18 logins it now
works properly lol. thks for the help"
--
~PA Bear