Vista SP2 fails to install

MC CA

Vista SP2 fails to install
Vista CP2 failed to auto install either this month. Yesterday, when I tried
to install it, I received two pop-up error messages:

jusched.exe - bad image
C:\Windows\system 32\sensapi.dll is either not designed to run on windows or
contains an error.

AND

SPCLITE.EXE - Bad Image
C:\Windows\system 32\sensapi.dll is either not designed to run on windows or
contains an error.

Then IE7 wouldn't launch. At the advice of a friend, I uninstalled the last
java update and today, I tried to install new updates again and found 13
installed. But not SP2. I tried to install SP2 and again am getting the
SPCLITE.EXE bad image error message.

The other error message didnt appear.

Any ideas?

Ǝиçεl

RE: Vista SP2 fails to install
Obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack from the Microsoft Download
Center (the full file) <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791/#Method3>

Go to <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd262148.aspx> and look
at the left side.
Things to know about SP2 and FAQs.
Review them thoroughly
and see if that answers most or all of your questions.
-=-

"MC CA" wrote:

> Vista CP2 failed to auto install either this month. Yesterday, when I tried
> to install it, I received two pop-up error messages:
>
> jusched.exe - bad image
> C:\Windows\system 32\sensapi.dll is either not designed to run on windows or
> contains an error.
>
> AND
>
> SPCLITE.EXE - Bad Image
> C:\Windows\system 32\sensapi.dll is either not designed to run on windows or
> contains an error.
>
> Then IE7 wouldn't launch. At the advice of a friend, I uninstalled the last
> java update and today, I tried to install new updates again and found 13
> installed. But not SP2. I tried to install SP2 and again am getting the
> SPCLITE.EXE bad image error message.
>
> The other error message didnt appear.
>
> Any ideas?

Ǝиçεl

RE: Vista SP2 fails to install
I located the following:

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=6e36e 628-c81d-408d-8d30-4ba37d6b2a0d&mid=6e36e628-c81d-408d-8d30-4ba37d6b2a0d>

Follow this excellent procedure from Robear Dyer and Kaylene (MVPs)

Good luck
-=-

"MC CA" wrote:

> Vista CP2 failed to auto install either this month. Yesterday, when I tried
> to install it, I received two pop-up error messages:
>
> jusched.exe - bad image
> C:\Windows\system 32\sensapi.dll is either not designed to run on windows or
> contains an error.
>
> AND
>
> SPCLITE.EXE - Bad Image
> C:\Windows\system 32\sensapi.dll is either not designed to run on windows or
> contains an error.
>
> Then IE7 wouldn't launch. At the advice of a friend, I uninstalled the last
> java update and today, I tried to install new updates again and found 13
> installed. But not SP2. I tried to install SP2 and again am getting the
> SPCLITE.EXE bad image error message.
>
> The other error message didnt appear.
>
> Any ideas?

Re: Vista SP2 fails to install
Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034 &
select appropriate category (e.g., Installation).

If you're having problems installing SP2 *via Windows Update*, you can
/also/ post about your problems here:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...stawu/threads/

Installation Tips:

• Your computer will restart several times during the installation process:
Make certain you've saved your work and closed all open applications before
beginning the install.

• Disable (1) your anti-virus application, (2) any real-time system
protections afforded by any anti-spyware applications (except Defender), &
(3) your third-party firewall (if any) and then (4) enable the Windows
Firewall _before installing or uninstalling_ Vista SP2.

• The installation process can take an hour or more: If you're installing
SP2 on a portable computer, make sure that you plug-in the power cord and
have the battery inserted into its bay.

• Vista SP1 is a prerequisite for installing SP2. If you use Windows Update
or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be offered
the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.