Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Receiving error 0x80070005 trying to fix error 80070424

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2009
f1j1
 

Posts: n/a
Receiving error 0x80070005 trying to fix error 80070424
Hello there,

I get the error code 80070424 when I try and enable my Windows Updates. I
went to the following thread, but I cannot complete his solution because I
get the error 0x80070005.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...5f11f70577&p=1

I went to the next URL, but that didn't work to alleviate my 0x80070005
problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...4-fa135093fe97

I am running Vista 64-bit SP1 Home Premium.

Much thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2009
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Receiving error 0x80070005 trying to fix error 80070424
They are old threads 2006 and 2007 and relate to Windows XP SP2 by the look
of it.

0x80070005 is an access denied error.

You should provide us with all the relevant info concerning 0x80070424.


This "Click Start, select run, type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll"
would have to be run as an administrator

Another thing to consider: How to reset security settings back to the defaults
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222




--
Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.



"f1j1" wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I get the error code 80070424 when I try and enable my Windows Updates. I
> went to the following thread, but I cannot complete his solution because I
> get the error 0x80070005.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...5f11f70577&p=1
>
> I went to the next URL, but that didn't work to alleviate my 0x80070005
> problem.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...4-fa135093fe97
>
> I am running Vista 64-bit SP1 Home Premium.
>
> Much thanks

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2009
f1j1
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Receiving error 0x80070005 trying to fix error 80070424
Thanks for the reply.

When I go into Windows Update and hit the update button, it says that
Windows Update encountered an unknown error (Code 80070424). I can't perform
the 'run regsvr32 wuaueng.dll' because I get the 0x80070005 error.

If there is any other information that I can provide, I will.

Thanks.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> They are old threads 2006 and 2007 and relate to Windows XP SP2 by the look
> of it.
>
> 0x80070005 is an access denied error.
>
> You should provide us with all the relevant info concerning 0x80070424.
>
>
> This "Click Start, select run, type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll"
> would have to be run as an administrator
>
> Another thing to consider: How to reset security settings back to the defaults
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222
>
>
>
>
> --
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
>
>
>
> "f1j1" wrote:
>
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I get the error code 80070424 when I try and enable my Windows Updates. I
> > went to the following thread, but I cannot complete his solution because I
> > get the error 0x80070005.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...5f11f70577&p=1
> >
> > I went to the next URL, but that didn't work to alleviate my 0x80070005
> > problem.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...4-fa135093fe97
> >
> > I am running Vista 64-bit SP1 Home Premium.
> >
> > Much thanks

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2009
f1j1
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Receiving error 0x80070005 trying to fix error 80070424

To be more specific, when I try to run 'regsvr32 wuaueng.dll,' I get the
message "The module 'wuaueng.dll' was loaded but the call to
DllRegisterServer failed with the error code 0x80070005."
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2009
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Receiving error 0x80070005 trying to fix error 80070424
Did you try - How to reset security settings back to the defaults
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

For further infor on this see : 0x80070005 - Permissions issue. You can
reset registry and file ACLs to their Default state by following the
directions here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...04/739820.aspx

--
Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.



"f1j1" wrote:

>
> To be more specific, when I try to run 'regsvr32 wuaueng.dll,' I get the
> message "The module 'wuaueng.dll' was loaded but the call to
> DllRegisterServer failed with the error code 0x80070005."

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2009
Tae Song
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Receiving error 0x80070005 trying to fix error 80070424

"f1j1" <f1j1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2D0819F0-ADBD-449A-834F-6A8061C094D4@microsoft.com...
> Hello there,
>
> I get the error code 80070424 when I try and enable my Windows Updates. I
> went to the following thread, but I cannot complete his solution because I
> get the error 0x80070005.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...5f11f70577&p=1
>
> I went to the next URL, but that didn't work to alleviate my 0x80070005
> problem.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...4-fa135093fe97
>
> I am running Vista 64-bit SP1 Home Premium.
>
> Much thanks



You could try running System File Check.

Start Orb -> type in command

Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator

SFC /SCANNOW


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2009
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Receiving error 0x80070005 trying to fix error 80070424
f1j1 wrote:

> To be more specific, when I try to run 'regsvr32 wuaueng.dll,' I get the
> message "The module 'wuaueng.dll' was loaded but the call to
> DllRegisterServer failed with the error code 0x80070005."


Did you use Run As Administrator?

Harry.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
error 80070424 mathayus microsoft.public.es.windowsvista 6 11-05-2009 00:11
Re: Error 80070424 robflam microsoft.public.windowsupdate 10 10-15-2009 22:53
error 80070424 johnnyportugal microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 06-27-2009 14:54
Error: 200, Error Number: 0x8007000D after receiving headers fade2gray microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 01-16-2008 09:16




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:39.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120