Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

KB955430

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2009
silver hair
 

Posts: n/a
KB955430
I Reinstalled Windows from scratch and the Installation went good
But problem with Updates,

errors in Event Viewer over 1600 of them SERVICING
Windows Servicing identified that package KB955430 (Security Update) is not
applicable for this System

the same message for KB968537

I have tried to Uninstall KB955430
but the uninstall button don't respond
right click no drop down
so I can NOT uninstall this Updates
or is there in other way

I have installed only Important updates

SP1 is now in hidden updates wait a bit to install that
or will it fix this

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: KB955430
May we assume you're running Vista Gold (no Service Packs)?

> I Reinstalled Windows from scratch


Why? Did you format & do a clean install or did you do a Repair Install
(AKA In-Place Upgrade)?

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


silver hair wrote:
> I Reinstalled Windows from scratch and the Installation went good
> But problem with Updates,
>
> errors in Event Viewer over 1600 of them SERVICING
> Windows Servicing identified that package KB955430 (Security Update) is
> not
> applicable for this System
>
> the same message for KB968537
>
> I have tried to Uninstall KB955430
> but the uninstall button don't respond
> right click no drop down
> so I can NOT uninstall this Updates
> or is there in other way
>
> I have installed only Important updates
>
> SP1 is now in hidden updates wait a bit to install that
> or will it fix this


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2009
silver hair
 

Posts: n/a
Re: KB955430
thank you
yes Gold no service pack
Vista Home Basic 32 bit SP2 ( Emachine)

I had Linux installed and wanted it out, so I used Linux to Format C, one
big partition.

Unplugged from Internet and
Installed from Disc that came with computer, Operating System Disc
when done 06.01 GB used Space, the rest free
and no errors nor warnings in Event Viewer

Connected to the Internet, straight to Updates,
NO Anti virus, only firewall and defender as came from Disc

and I Installed Important Updates only

after that Event viewer was loaded with Errors and Warnings
and NO service pack

SP1 did appear in automatic Updates till 2 days later

after reading more of the error reports in Event Viewer
one reads:
The server could not bind to the transport\Device\Netbt_Tcpip (.....)because
another computer on the same network has the same name. The server could not
start.

perhaps that's my problem, I changed one Computer name now
and I am Installing SP1 now
will know later if it improves
(SP 2 probably shows up soon have it on other computer)

so NO answer is requested now, I was too hasty
thanks


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> May we assume you're running Vista Gold (no Service Packs)?
>
> > I Reinstalled Windows from scratch

>
> Why? Did you format & do a clean install or did you do a Repair Install
> (AKA In-Place Upgrade)?
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>
>
> silver hair wrote:
> > I Reinstalled Windows from scratch and the Installation went good
> > But problem with Updates,
> >
> > errors in Event Viewer over 1600 of them SERVICING
> > Windows Servicing identified that package KB955430 (Security Update) is
> > not
> > applicable for this System
> >
> > the same message for KB968537
> >
> > I have tried to Uninstall KB955430
> > but the uninstall button don't respond
> > right click no drop down
> > so I can NOT uninstall this Updates
> > or is there in other way
> >
> > I have installed only Important updates
> >
> > SP1 is now in hidden updates wait a bit to install that
> > or will it fix this

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: KB955430
YW. If you encounter any problems installing a Serice Pack or update via
Windows/Automatic Update, you may need to download/install the System Update
Readiness Tool (Apr-09) *if* Windows/Automatic Update doesn't offer it. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

NB: There are a number of SP1 Prerequisite Updates which must be installed
before you'll be able to install SP1. Ideally, they'd all be offered by
Windows/Automatic Update. See
http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/win...ws-update.aspx

PS: SP2 will not be offered until you've gotten SP1 installed.


silver hair wrote:
> thank you
> yes Gold no service pack
> Vista Home Basic 32 bit SP2 ( Emachine)
>
> I had Linux installed and wanted it out, so I used Linux to Format C, one
> big partition.
>
> Unplugged from Internet and
> Installed from Disc that came with computer, Operating System Disc
> when done 06.01 GB used Space, the rest free
> and no errors nor warnings in Event Viewer
>
> Connected to the Internet, straight to Updates,
> NO Anti virus, only firewall and defender as came from Disc
>
> and I Installed Important Updates only
>
> after that Event viewer was loaded with Errors and Warnings
> and NO service pack
>
> SP1 did appear in automatic Updates till 2 days later
>
> after reading more of the error reports in Event Viewer
> one reads:
> The server could not bind to the transport\Device\Netbt_Tcpip
> (.....)because
> another computer on the same network has the same name. The server could
> not
> start.
>
> perhaps that's my problem, I changed one Computer name now
> and I am Installing SP1 now
> will know later if it improves
> (SP 2 probably shows up soon have it on other computer)
>
> so NO answer is requested now, I was too hasty
> thanks
>
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> May we assume you're running Vista Gold (no Service Packs)?
>>
>>> I Reinstalled Windows from scratch

>>
>> Why? Did you format & do a clean install or did you do a Repair Install
>> (AKA In-Place Upgrade)?
>>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>
>>
>> silver hair wrote:
>>> I Reinstalled Windows from scratch and the Installation went good
>>> But problem with Updates,
>>>
>>> errors in Event Viewer over 1600 of them SERVICING
>>> Windows Servicing identified that package KB955430 (Security Update) is
>>> not
>>> applicable for this System
>>>
>>> the same message for KB968537
>>>
>>> I have tried to Uninstall KB955430
>>> but the uninstall button don't respond
>>> right click no drop down
>>> so I can NOT uninstall this Updates
>>> or is there in other way
>>>
>>> I have installed only Important updates
>>>
>>> SP1 is now in hidden updates wait a bit to install that
>>> or will it fix this


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KB955430 Sorin Sandu microsoft.public.windowsupdate 12 11-24-2009 21:36
KB955430 Hangs at 92% Rigsby Windows Vista Home Premium 5 08-12-2009 13:37
installing kb955430 - install failed dkfinger Windows Vista Home Premium 2 08-10-2009 19:48
KB955430 Failing on Server Core Frank Lesniak microsoft.public.windowsupdate 10 04-30-2009 23:53




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:58.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120