Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

I run 2003 XP w/MS office 2003,why do I get updates for Office 200

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2009
Kathleen
 

Posts: n/a
I run 2003 XP w/MS office 2003,why do I get updates for Office 200
Hi..new to this, but I keep getting MS Office 2007 compatibility auto updates
that take a lot of space. I have MS Office 2003 installed. Do I need these?
--
Kathleen
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2009
Shenan Stanley
 

Posts: n/a
Re: I run 2003 XP w/MS office 2003,why do I get updates for Office 200
Kathleen wrote:
> New to this, but I keep getting MS Office 2007 compatibility
> auto updates that take a lot of space. I have MS Office 2003
> installed. Do I need these?


Depends... Do you have anything "Office 2007" installed?

The Compatibility Pack so you can read Office 2007 documents in Word, Excel
and Powerpoint?
The Word, Powerpoint or Excel 2007 Viewers?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: I run 2003 XP w/MS office 2003,why do I get updates for Office 200
If you want to be able to use (e.g., read) files created in Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint 2007, yes. See
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002

Kathleen wrote:
> Hi..new to this, but I keep getting MS Office 2007 compatibility auto
> updates that take a lot of space. I have MS Office 2003 installed. Do I
> need these?


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2009
Kathleen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: I run 2003 XP w/MS office 2003,why do I get updates for Office
Hi PA Bear...Thanks so much for your reply, and yes I do sometimes have to
read documents sent to me by those who have MS Office 2007 installed. I have
and older Dell with not alot of memory, and at the moment being unemployed
can not afford to upgrade it or buy another. Thanks for your quick response!
--
Kathleen


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> If you want to be able to use (e.g., read) files created in Word, Excel, and
> PowerPoint 2007, yes. See
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>
> Kathleen wrote:
> > Hi..new to this, but I keep getting MS Office 2007 compatibility auto
> > updates that take a lot of space. I have MS Office 2003 installed. Do I
> > need these?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2009
Kathleen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: I run 2003 XP w/MS office 2003,why do I get updates for Office
Hi Sheenan...Thanks for the rsponse. No I have nothing 2007 installed, so I
guess I have to keep the 128 MB update, as people do send me documents
created in 2007 MS Office from time to time. When I can I will upgrade, as I
have limited memory.
--
Kathleen


"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Kathleen wrote:
> > New to this, but I keep getting MS Office 2007 compatibility
> > auto updates that take a lot of space. I have MS Office 2003
> > installed. Do I need these?

>
> Depends... Do you have anything "Office 2007" installed?
>
> The Compatibility Pack so you can read Office 2007 documents in Word, Excel
> and Powerpoint?
> The Word, Powerpoint or Excel 2007 Viewers?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2009
Shenan Stanley
 

Posts: n/a
Re: I run 2003 XP w/MS office 2003,why do I get updates for Office
Kathleen wrote:
> New to this, but I keep getting MS Office 2007 compatibility
> auto updates that take a lot of space. I have MS Office 2003
> installed. Do I need these?


Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Depends... Do you have anything "Office 2007" installed?
>
> The Compatibility Pack so you can read Office 2007 documents in Word,
> Excel
> and Powerpoint?
> The Word, Powerpoint or Excel 2007 Viewers?


Kathleen wrote:
> Hi Sheenan...Thanks for the rsponse. No I have nothing 2007
> installed, so I guess I have to keep the 128 MB update, as people
> do send me documents created in 2007 MS Office from time to time.
> When I can I will upgrade, as I have limited memory.


"Shenan". ;-) One "e".

If you have to *keep* the 128MB update - then you do have something "2007"
installed (that I mentioned.)

Control Panel --> Add or Remove programs - look through the list for this
product:

Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007
File Formats
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: I run 2003 XP w/MS office 2003,why do I get updates for Office
Have a good read of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074, especially the
More Information section, then decide if you really need Office
Compatibility Pack (SP2) installed.


Kathleen wrote:
> Hi PA Bear...Thanks so much for your reply, and yes I do sometimes have to
> read documents sent to me by those who have MS Office 2007 installed. I
> have
> and older Dell with not alot of memory, and at the moment being unemployed
> can not afford to upgrade it or buy another. Thanks for your quick
> response!
>
>> If you want to be able to use (e.g., read) files created in Word, Excel,
>> and PowerPoint 2007, yes. See
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>
>> Kathleen wrote:
>>> Hi..new to this, but I keep getting MS Office 2007 compatibility auto
>>> updates that take a lot of space. I have MS Office 2003 installed. Do I
>>> need these?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFFICE 2003 Updates cif microsoft.public.windowsupdate 5 02-18-2009 15:06
Office 2003 updates when I don't have Office 2003 Damsel13 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 11-28-2008 16:56
Office Pro 2003 02/13/08 Updates iveramoveout microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 02-16-2008 23:29
Office 2003 SP 3 updates fail spc microsoft.public.windowsupdate 10 12-04-2007 13:39
Office 2003 Updates Stupot9 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 11-18-2007 12:03




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:13.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120