Re: BITS Problem

Peter Foldes

Re: BITS Problem
crossposted to public.windowsupdate

--
Peter

"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news674724A-B7FE-471D-B4CD-BF1C6A26A0A5@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with BITS that is preventing Windows Update from working
> correctly, simply put the service does not start
>
> I have found that in SFC /SCANNOW it tries to fix bitsigd.dll but for some reasons
> it can not do it, I also tried to copy the file from a functioning computer but it
> can not be copied on the trouble computer
>
> --
> Thank You in Advance
> Merci a l'avance
>
> Martin

Re: BITS Problem
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreCA) computer repair shop.

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

"Martin Racette" wrote:
>> I have a problem with BITS that is preventing Windows Update from working
>> correctly, simply put the service does not start
>>
>> I have found that in SFC /SCANNOW it tries to fix bitsigd.dll but for
>> some
>> reasons it can not do it, I also tried to copy the file from a
>> functioning
>> computer but it can not be copied on the trouble computer

Martin Racette

Re: BITS Problem
I have already done all those step, my antivirus does not expire, and was/in
uptodate, and so is Windows, I did all the updates manually since they can
be downloaded by the freaking program that Microsft placed in Windows, the
only one that I did not installed so far is SP2.

> There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a
> hijackware infection!
>
> NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription had
> expired *when the machine first got infected* and/or your subscription has
> since expired and/or the machine's not been kept fully-patched at Windows
> Update, don't waste your time with any of the below: Format & reinstall
> Windows. A Repair Install will NOT help!

> NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan! You may need to download the
> MSRT on a non-infected machine, then transfer MRT.EXE to the infected
> machine and rename it to SCAN.EXE before running it.
>
> 2. [WinXP ONLY!! =>] Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection'
> scan (only!) in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:
>
> 3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
> logs in an appropriate forum, not here.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>
> **Seek expert assistance in
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup,
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**
>
> If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
> this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreCA) computer repair shop.
>
> =====================
>
> Support for Windows Update:
>
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> security updates.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> "Martin Racette" wrote:
>>> I have a problem with BITS that is preventing Windows Update from
>>> working
>>> correctly, simply put the service does not start
>>>
>>> I have found that in SFC /SCANNOW it tries to fix bitsigd.dll but for
>>> some
>>> reasons it can not do it, I also tried to copy the file from a
>>> functioning
>>> computer but it can not be copied on the trouble computer

--
Thank You in Advance
Merci a l'avance

Martin