Office Update doesn't work

Chiel

Office Update doesn't work
I tried to update Microsoft Office 2007 by Office Update, but it doesn´t
work. I run Windows Vista and Firefox is my default browser. I tried to
update office via internet Explorer which I just updated. Office Update
reports translated: the site has detected a flaw and the current page cannot
be displayed. In dutch:
"De website heeft een fout geconstateerd en kan de gevraagde pagina niet
weergeven". I dunno what's wrong, I tried to allow cookies. Can anyone please
help?
Thanx in advance, Chiel
TaurArian

Re: Office Update doesn't work
Chiel wrote:
:: I tried to update Microsoft Office 2007 by Office Update, but it
:: doesnt work. I run Windows Vista and Firefox is my default browser.
:: I tried to update office via internet Explorer which I just updated.
:: Office Update reports translated: the site has detected a flaw and
:: the current page cannot be displayed. In dutch:
:: "De website heeft een fout geconstateerd en kan de gevraagde pagina
:: niet weergeven". I dunno what's wrong, I tried to allow cookies. Can
:: anyone please help?
:: Thanx in advance, Chiel

Error code when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to
install updates: "0x8024D00C"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958053
(Includes Vista)

When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
0x8024D00C error
http://update.microsoft.com/microsof...n=en&IsMu=True

Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
error and cannot display the requested page"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226
Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested
page.
Additionally, you see "[Error number: 0x8024D00C]" in the upper-right corner
of the Web page.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Chiel

Re: Office Update doesn't work
Thanx for your help. However it didn't work. After I started Windows I got a
flaw report (is this "Foutmelding" in English?). I didn't catch what it was,
it was also something like 02adfjlsdf200. I couldn't find the log in order to
find the flaw. When I have found the flaw or when it appears again I will
notify you.
Thanx anyway and maybe speak to you later,
Chiel

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Chiel wrote:
> :: I tried to update Microsoft Office 2007 by Office Update, but it
> :: doesn´t work. I run Windows Vista and Firefox is my default browser.
> :: I tried to update office via internet Explorer which I just updated.
> :: Office Update reports translated: the site has detected a flaw and
> :: the current page cannot be displayed. In dutch:
> :: "De website heeft een fout geconstateerd en kan de gevraagde pagina
> :: niet weergeven". I dunno what's wrong, I tried to allow cookies. Can
> :: anyone please help?
> :: Thanx in advance, Chiel
>

> Error code when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to
> install updates: "0x8024D00C"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958053
> (Includes Vista)
>
> When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
> 0x8024D00C error
> http://update.microsoft.com/microsof...n=en&IsMu=True
>
> Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
> site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
> error and cannot display the requested page"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226
> Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested
> page.
> Additionally, you see "[Error number: 0x8024D00C]" in the upper-right corner
> of the Web page.
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

Re: Office Update doesn't work
Are you able to open Internet Explorer to
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com?

If you can, is it a Windows Update page or a Microsoft Update page?