driver problems

fattay

driver problems
My laptop, XP, will download approved signed software(majicjack),,But this
desktop,XP Home,for sometime now will not download this setup/drivers,,says
in properties ,USB Internet Phone By Tigerjet,,Driver
Provider,Date,Version,,Unknown- not digitally signed . This is not, the only
sofware i've had trouble with,, most I just gave up on,like ,,Digital
Cameras,,ect. Why will one work,,accept,, and one will not ?
--
thanks
Shenan Stanley

Re: driver problems
fattay wrote:
> My laptop, XP, will download approved signed
> software(majicjack),,But this desktop,XP Home,for sometime now will
> not download this setup/drivers,,says in properties ,USB Internet
> Phone By Tigerjet,,Driver Provider,Date,Version,,Unknown- not
> digitally signed . This is not, the only sofware i've had trouble
> with,, most I just gave up on,like ,,Digital Cameras,,ect. Why will
> one work,,accept,, and one will not ?

,,No,,idea. what's,,with the commas, and weird spacing?

What do the makers of the software/device tell you?

As for all the other products - sounds like you may have assorted issues
with that machine. With what you have given I can narrow it down to
software and/or hardware issues. ;-)

You could try making a backup image (using third party disk/partition
imaging software) of the computer (so you don't lose what you have and can
revert back to it anytime), installing a fresh copy of Windows XP Home on it
with the latest drivers installed from the individual device manufacturers
(for all components in/connected to your computer) web sites and the latest
patches for Windows XP Home installed (completely up to date) and see if the
problem exists in that state. If not - it was software. If so - it may be
hardware.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: driver problems
How does this pertain to Windows Update?