Internet Explorer 8 failed to install

Zgrrl

Internet Explorer 8 failed to install
After attempting to install the latest version of Internet Explorer 8 I keep
getting a failed message. After following instructions to register regsvr32
%windir%\system32
installation still failed. Can anyone help or should I ignore?

TaurArian

RE: Internet Explorer 8 failed to install
Please confirm what you're trying to register, it appears to me as though
you're trying to register a folder not a file.

In other words, please copy and paste the full instructions you received
into this thread so we can assist your further.

Also advise what operating system you're using including service pack level.
Also advise what if any error codes you are receiving.

"Zgrrl" wrote:

> After attempting to install the latest version of Internet Explorer 8 I keep
> getting a failed message. After following instructions to register regsvr32
> %windir%\system32
> installation still failed. Can anyone help or should I ignore?

IE 8 problems

RE: Internet Explorer 8 failed to install
I performed the automatic update yesterday for IE 8 and I am having many
computer functionality problems. McAffee antivirus updater is caught in a
loop and does not complete installation of new antivirus signatures. Also I
have lost Citrix connectivity capabilty. I tried to restore to checkpoint
prior to IE 8 update and Internet Explorer lost all functionality. It would
start to open and then immediately close. I have put forth a help request to
Microsoft and am waiting for a reply. It seems this new IE 8 has a lot of
bugs that need to be worked out and I am furious that Microsoft updates IE to
something they think is "better" than before. I disagree, I need
functionality; not a perceived performance enhancement that screws up my
computer. Which ny the way is clean and constantly maintained.
"TaurArian" wrote:

> Please confirm what you're trying to register, it appears to me as though
> you're trying to register a folder not a file.
>
> In other words, please copy and paste the full instructions you received
> into this thread so we can assist your further.
>
> Also advise what operating system you're using including service pack level.
> Also advise what if any error codes you are receiving.
>
> --
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
>

> "Zgrrl" wrote:
>
> > After attempting to install the latest version of Internet Explorer 8 I keep
> > getting a failed message. After following instructions to register regsvr32
> > %windir%\system32
> > installation still failed. Can anyone help or should I ignore?

Re: Internet Explorer 8 failed to install
Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and
seek support in IE General newsgroup:

On the web:

In your newsreader: