Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

WGA Issue

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2009
dopod900
 

Posts: n/a
WGA Issue
Dear all Professional,

I am using Window XP for my day to day works. On last week, my window update
prompt me to install the latest version of WGA but during the installation it
pop up to ask for "License Term & Agreement" however the "Next" buttom is in
grey colour which would allow me to click on continues. By now everytime when
I start up my Laptop it keep prompting me to install WGA.
Can anyone give me advice please...

Rgds, AH
--
Rgds, AH
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2009
MowGreen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WGA Issue
AH,

Suggest you post this issue to the Windows XP Genuine Advantage
Validation Issues Forum -
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...dowsxp/threads

There are folks from MS present there that can assist you.


MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============



dopod900 wrote:

> Dear all Professional,
>
> I am using Window XP for my day to day works. On last week, my window update
> prompt me to install the latest version of WGA but during the installation it
> pop up to ask for "License Term & Agreement" however the "Next" buttom is in
> grey colour which would allow me to click on continues. By now everytime when
> I start up my Laptop it keep prompting me to install WGA.
> Can anyone give me advice please...
>
> Rgds, AH

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2009
Leroy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WGA Issue
Please visit the WGA Diagnostic site and click on "Start Diagnostics":
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/


dopod900 wrote:
> Dear all Professional,
>
> I am using Window XP for my day to day works. On last week, my window update
> prompt me to install the latest version of WGA but during the installation it
> pop up to ask for "License Term & Agreement" however the "Next" buttom is in
> grey colour which would allow me to click on continues. By now everytime when
> I start up my Laptop it keep prompting me to install WGA.
> Can anyone give me advice please...
>
> Rgds, AH

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2009
ANONYMOUS
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WGA Issue
You have the classic case of SoftwareDistrubution Folder being
corrupted. The solution is to boot up your system in SAFE mode and then
deleting everything in this folder:

C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution

Once you have done it, you can boot up the system normally and your
problem will be solved.

May I also advise you that WGA is not necessary for your better and
secure running of Windows XP (I am assuming you are using Windows XP).
WGA is a device where Microsoft keeps tab on what you are doing with
your system and what other software you are using. It is in their
interest to keep a check on you so that they can produce more products
that customers like you would like to buy (not pirating).

If you want to know how you can selectively install microsoft patches so
that you don't install WGA, then please let me know. You can safely
ignore the advise given by previous posters on this topic as none of
them will solve your problem. You have to learn to be practical in life.

Hope this helps.




dopod900 wrote:

>Dear all Professional,
>
>I am using Window XP for my day to day works. On last week, my window update
>prompt me to install the latest version of WGA but during the installation it
>pop up to ask for "License Term & Agreement" however the "Next" buttom is in
>grey colour which would allow me to click on continues. By now everytime when
>I start up my Laptop it keep prompting me to install WGA.
>Can anyone give me advice please...
>
>Rgds, AH
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2009
MowGreen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WGA Issue
>>NNTP-Posting-host: ccs.bbk.ac.uk 193.61.19.63

This so-called 'Anonymous' poster is so misguided and full of incorrect
information that one should *NEVER* listen to what it is posting.


MS does not monitor the system to 'produce more products' for it's
customers.
Although I'm no fan of WGA, it's only purpose is to determine if the OS
is genuine or not.

>>> Dear all Professional,
>>>
>>> I am using Window XP for my day to day works


As one can see, Anonymous doesn't even read the posts as the OP has
clearly stated the edition of Windows that is experiencing the issue
with WGA.

For the sake of everyone in this newsgroup, this troll should be ignored
*at all costs* and best considered as mentally unbalanced.

MowGreen
==============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============





ANONYMOUS wrote:

> You have the classic case of SoftwareDistrubution Folder being
> corrupted. The solution is to boot up your system in SAFE mode and then
> deleting everything in this folder:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution
>
> Once you have done it, you can boot up the system normally and your
> problem will be solved.
>
> May I also advise you that WGA is not necessary for your better and
> secure running of Windows XP (I am assuming you are using Windows XP).
> WGA is a device where Microsoft keeps tab on what you are doing with
> your system and what other software you are using. It is in their
> interest to keep a check on you so that they can produce more products
> that customers like you would like to buy (not pirating).
>
> If you want to know how you can selectively install microsoft patches so
> that you don't install WGA, then please let me know. You can safely
> ignore the advise given by previous posters on this topic as none of
> them will solve your problem. You have to learn to be practical in life.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
>
>
>
> dopod900 wrote:
>
>> Dear all Professional,
>>
>> I am using Window XP for my day to day works. On last week, my window
>> update prompt me to install the latest version of WGA but during the
>> installation it pop up to ask for "License Term & Agreement" however
>> the "Next" buttom is in grey colour which would allow me to click on
>> continues. By now everytime when I start up my Laptop it keep
>> prompting me to install WGA. Can anyone give me advice please...
>> Rgds, AH
>>
>>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2009
ANONYMOUS
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WGA Issue


MowGreen wrote:

>
> For the sake of everyone in this newsgroup, this troll should be
> ignored *at all costs* and best considered as mentally unbalanced.
>
>>>


So you are mentally disturbed to know another right? Is this all your
your experience about?



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please help me about this issue below! jsjules Introduce Yourself 0 01-23-2009 17:37
Windows Vista mouse issue.. Possibly ease of use type issue? Malakie microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 07-10-2008 22:30
CD/DVD Rom Issue Vorinia microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 4 11-28-2007 01:13
WMI Issue? Travis microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 10-17-2007 13:39
DRM Issue =?Utf-8?B?am9ubm8=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 4 03-03-2007 23:59




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:56.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120