Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

block a specific windows update

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2009
Koen Verwimp
 

Posts: n/a
block a specific windows update
Hi
I developping some software for our company and our product has a problem
with a specific Windows Update. Does anyone know of a way to block a
specific update while still allowing automatic updates to function
normally?

We are not using an own WSUS, using standard windows update feature on XP
and Vista.

Thanks,
Koen
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: block a specific windows update
What update?

Koen Verwimp wrote:
> I developping some software for our company and our product has a problem
> with a specific Windows Update. Does anyone know of a way to block a
> specific update while still allowing automatic updates to function
> normally?
>
> We are not using an own WSUS, using standard windows update feature on XP
> and Vista.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2009
Koen Verwimp
 

Posts: n/a
Re: block a specific windows update
Office SP2

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> What update?
>
> Koen Verwimp wrote:
> > I developping some software for our company and our product has a problem
> > with a specific Windows Update. Does anyone know of a way to block a
> > specific update while still allowing automatic updates to function
> > normally?
> >
> > We are not using an own WSUS, using standard windows update feature on XP
> > and Vista.

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: block a specific windows update
[Crossposted to Office Miscellaneous & Setup newsgroups for more appropriate
exposure]

Office 2002, 2003, or 2007 SP2?

How close are you to resolving the incompatibility?

I'm not aware of an Office (2007) Service Pack blocking tool but I suppose
you might be able to handle this via a GPO. If the computers updated via
WSUS, you could block it that way but...
--
~PA Bear


Koen Verwimp wrote:
> Office SP2
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> What update?
>>
>> Koen Verwimp wrote:
>>> I developping some software for our company and our product has a
>>> problem
>>> with a specific Windows Update. Does anyone know of a way to block a
>>> specific update while still allowing automatic updates to function
>>> normally?
>>>
>>> We are not using an own WSUS, using standard windows update feature on
>>> XP
>>> and Vista.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2009
conner
 

Posts: n/a
Re: block a specific windows update
Since I have the same question...
How do I block KB971486. It is causing stop errors. Only way to fix is
revert to the old files it replaced. Then windows update list the update
again. For now I have it unchecked and hidden. Dell computer as most of the
BSOD seem to be coming from Dell installed computers.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Crossposted to Office Miscellaneous & Setup newsgroups for more appropriate
> exposure]
>
> Office 2002, 2003, or 2007 SP2?
>
> How close are you to resolving the incompatibility?
>
> I'm not aware of an Office (2007) Service Pack blocking tool but I suppose
> you might be able to handle this via a GPO. If the computers updated via
> WSUS, you could block it that way but...
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
>
> Koen Verwimp wrote:
> > Office SP2
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> What update?
> >>
> >> Koen Verwimp wrote:
> >>> I developping some software for our company and our product has a
> >>> problem
> >>> with a specific Windows Update. Does anyone know of a way to block a
> >>> specific update while still allowing automatic updates to function
> >>> normally?
> >>>
> >>> We are not using an own WSUS, using standard windows update feature on
> >>> XP
> >>> and Vista.

>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to block specific Windows Updates Dan microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 03-06-2009 18:24
How to block specific sites but only when NOT on their website? Michael Moser microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 3 02-09-2009 19:14
Prevent Specific Windows Update from being Installed NeedSomeAnswers microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 11-14-2008 21:13
Windows Update Failing ... no specific reason ... Error 0x80244022 riffin-rich microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 12-07-2007 12:48
permanently block specific program with User Account Control Bob microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 05-10-2007 20:24




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:29.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120