Update for windows XP SP3 - my computer failed to boot after insta

revvinon

Update for windows XP SP3 - my computer failed to boot after insta
I manually downloaded the update (through the windows update site not
automatic updates) for Windows XP to get the SP3 update. It seemed to
download and install without a glitch BUT when I went to restart the computer
- the computer would NOT boot up windows. Is there a workaround for this? I
just restored the computer to an earlier state to get it up and running again
but I wanted to keep it up to date.
Thanks!

Re: Update for windows XP SP3 - my computer failed to boot after insta
CrystalBall© sez...

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched
(after a clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5afa8ed33e121c

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP SP1 or SP2 fully patched (after a clean
install)
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...66ae41add7dd2b

Additional References:

5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
[clean install = new computer]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx

Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...e/prevent.mspx
--
WinXP-specific newsgroup:

revvinon wrote:
> I manually downloaded the update (through the windows update site not
> automatic updates) for Windows XP to get the SP3 update. It seemed to
> download and install without a glitch BUT when I went to restart the
> computer - the computer would NOT boot up windows. Is there a workaround
> for this? I just restored the computer to an earlier state to get it up
> and running again but I wanted to keep it up to date.
> Thanks!

Will Hill

"revvinon" wrote:

> I manually downloaded the update (through the windows update site not
> automatic updates) for Windows XP to get the SP3 update. It seemed to
> download and install without a glitch BUT when I went to restart the computer
> - the computer would NOT boot up windows. Is there a workaround for this? I
> just restored the computer to an earlier state to get it up and running again
> but I wanted to keep it up to date.
> Thanks!

i have the same problem , How did you restore it to earlier with out booting
up windows
jh

RE: Update for windows XP SP3 - my computer failed to boot after i
I am having the same problem, only I cannot restore to an earlier date. I
can only boot up in safe mode with networking, but I cannot fix anything.
This happened to me in April and I ended up losing everything. Anyone have
any helpful suggestions.