Error 8024200D when installing Vista SP2

Speed_viper

Error 8024200D when installing Vista SP2
Everytime i try to install Vista SP2 it errors out giving me error code
8024200D. I have tried clearing out the Downloads folder in the
SoftwareDistrobution folder. I have tried running the System update rediness
toolkit and it didn't find any errors. Im not sure what to do next
MowGreen

Re: Error 8024200D when installing Vista SP2
Suggest you post this issue here:

Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...stasp/threads/

> Use this forum for all issues related to Windows Vista SP1, Windows Vista SP2, and Windows Server 2008
> SP2.

How to troubleshoot Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service pack
installation issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366

> The error message may also refer to one of the following error codes:
>
> * 0x80070002
> * 0x8007000D
> * 0x80073712
> * 0x800B0100
> * 0x8024200D

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Speed_viper wrote:

> Everytime i try to install Vista SP2 it errors out giving me error code
> 8024200D. I have tried clearing out the Downloads folder in the
> SoftwareDistrobution folder. I have tried running the System update rediness
> toolkit and it didn't find any errors. Im not sure what to do next

Re: Error 8024200D when installing Vista SP2
How to troubleshoot Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service pack
installation issues
[Errors 0x80070002; 0x8007000D; 0x80073712; 0x800B0100; & 0x8024200D]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366

Post about your problem here instead:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...stawu/threads/

Installation Tips:

• Disable (a) your anti-virus application, (b) any real-time system
protections afforded by any anti-spyware applications (except Defender), &
(c) your third-party firewall (if any) and then (d) enable the Windows
Firewall before installing or uninstalling Vista SP2.

• The installation process might take an hour or more. Therefore, if you are
installing SP2 on a portable computer, make sure that you plug in the power
cord.

• During the installation, your computer will restart several times.
Therefore, save your work, and exit all open programs before you begin.

• Vista SP1 is a prerequisite for installing SP2. If you use Windows Update
or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be offered
the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.

Speed_viper wrote:
> Everytime i try to install Vista SP2 it errors out giving me error code
> 8024200D. I have tried clearing out the Downloads folder in the
> SoftwareDistrobution folder. I have tried running the System update
> rediness
> toolkit and it didn't find any errors. Im not sure what to do next

Dave Horne

Re: Error 8024200D when installing Vista SP2
PA Bear, I believe you helped me with SP1 with the advice of disabling my
anti virus and firewall program. I kept getting a 'revert' when trying to
install SP1. This time around I had no problems installing SP2 on two
different computers once I disabled my anti virus and firewall program
(McAfee).

I don't sit and watch the computer for the entire process; it would be great
if Windows advised the user to disable certain programs when installing
Service Packs.

DH

> How to troubleshoot Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service pack
> installation issues
> [Errors 0x80070002; 0x8007000D; 0x80073712; 0x800B0100; & 0x8024200D]
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366
>
> Post about your problem here instead:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...stawu/threads/
>
> Installation Tips:
>
> • Disable (a) your anti-virus application, (b) any real-time system
> protections afforded by any anti-spyware applications (except Defender), &
> (c) your third-party firewall (if any) and then (d) enable the Windows
> Firewall before installing or uninstalling Vista SP2.
>
> • The installation process might take an hour or more. Therefore, if you
> are installing SP2 on a portable computer, make sure that you plug in the
> power cord.
>
> • During the installation, your computer will restart several times.
> Therefore, save your work, and exit all open programs before you begin.
>
> • Vista SP1 is a prerequisite for installing SP2. If you use Windows
> Update or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be
> offered the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Speed_viper wrote:
>> Everytime i try to install Vista SP2 it errors out giving me error code
>> 8024200D. I have tried clearing out the Downloads folder in the
>> SoftwareDistrobution folder. I have tried running the System update
>> rediness
>> toolkit and it didn't find any errors. Im not sure what to do next

Re: Error 8024200D when installing Vista SP2
Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. For
customers residing in North America, chat and e-mail support is available.

Go to http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034
& select appropriate category (e.g., Installation).