Windows 8 for vista

Richard

Windows 8 for vista
since instaling windows 8 the pages on my favourite web sites return to the
top of the page after scrolling and viewing an item say half way down , when
i press the back button. It has allways returned to where you were on that
page befor,do i uninstall windows 8 to bring it back how it was or is there a
solution, any help would be appreciated.Richard
Jakob Bohm

Re: Windows 8 for vista
Richard wrote:
> since instaling windows 8 the pages on my favourite web sites return tothe
> top of the page after scrolling and viewing an item say half way down , when
> i press the back button. It has allways returned to where you were on that
> page befor,do i uninstall windows 8 to bring it back how it was or is there a
> solution, any help would be appreciated.Richard

I guess you mean "Internet Explorer 8" for Vista, please post your
question in the "Internet Explorer" newsgroup, not in the "Windows
Update" newsgroup.

XFUT: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

--
Jakob Bøhm, M.Sc.Eng. * jb@danware.dk * direct tel:+45-45-90-25-33
Netop Solutions A/S * Bregnerodvej 127 * DK-3460 Birkerod * DENMARK

Richard

Re: Windows 8 for vista

"Jakob Bohm" wrote:

> Richard wrote:
> > since instaling windows 8 the pages on my favourite web sites return to the
> > top of the page after scrolling and viewing an item say half way down , when
> > i press the back button. It has allways returned to where you were on that
> > page befor,do i uninstall windows 8 to bring it back how it was or is there a
> > solution, any help would be appreciated.Richard

> I guess you mean "Internet Explorer 8" for Vista, please post your
> question in the "Internet Explorer" newsgroup, not in the "Windows
> Update" newsgroup.
>
> XFUT: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
>
> --
> Jakob Bøhm, M.Sc.Eng. * jb@danware.dk * direct tel:+45-45-90-25-33
> Netop Solutions A/S * Bregnerodvej 127 * DK-3460 Birkerod * DENMARK
> http://www.netop.com * tel:+45-45-90-25-25 * fax:+45-45-90-25-26
> Information in this mail is hasty, not binding and may not be right.
> Information in this posting may not be the official position of Netop
> Solutions A/S, only the personal opinions of the author.
>
> just found by clicking on the compatability tab that it now works but not for all sites, RICHARD

Re: Windows 8 for vista
No-charge support for *Windows Internet Explorer 8* installation, set-up and
usage (only) is available via the phone based on your locale through 31
December 2009. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a
non-domain environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and
seek support in IE General newsgroup:

On the web:

In your newsreader: