Windows Vista SP2 Update - Error 800736B3

Ryan Strassburg

Windows Vista SP2 Update - Error 800736B3
While installing SP2 released today through Windows Update my machine
unexpectedly rebooted (then went into a strange endless POST cycle). Anyhow
it said it was installing the updates prior to logon. Then SP2 appeared
again as 6MB and it was installed, then it apeared again and installed again.
Finally I restored to before the update (~4pm) and I tried to install the
update.

The installation program ran, I verified it and clicked on Install, then
nothing happened. I rebooted then I did a new check for updates and SP2 again
was displayed only at 3xx some megabytes (now that's more like a SP). Now it
is failing with error #800736B3, what do I do? The sfc tool returned no
problems nor did the MSRT (Malware tool).
Dizzygal

RE: Windows Vista SP2 Update - Error 800736B3
I too tried to install the new Vista Pack 2. The download took a long time.
When I came back the install page had no green moving line. So I stopped
installation, preparing to start it again. Had to go through alot of strange
things. Finally got on track, and got to final phase on front page/window
where it says installing phase 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, etc..with the
percentages. That finished. And I got a message that the package failed to
instal and reverting changes? And it said do not turn off computer. I did
anyways. Turned it back on and got stuck right back in the cycle of waitlock
of install failure. I called the Geek Squad at Besst Buy, they told me all
kind of things, that would be my fault. My computer is pretty new, March 2007
purchased. I stumbled onto this blog, and I see I am not the only one with
trouble. I give up trying to install it for now. Will try again in the morning

"Ryan Strassburg" wrote:

> While installing SP2 released today through Windows Update my machine
> unexpectedly rebooted (then went into a strange endless POST cycle). Anyhow
> it said it was installing the updates prior to logon. Then SP2 appeared
> again as 6MB and it was installed, then it apeared again and installed again.
> Finally I restored to before the update (~4pm) and I tried to install the
> update.
>
> The installation program ran, I verified it and clicked on Install, then
> nothing happened. I rebooted then I did a new check for updates and SP2 again
> was displayed only at 3xx some megabytes (now that's more like a SP). Now it
> is failing with error #800736B3, what do I do? The sfc tool returned no
> problems nor did the MSRT (Malware tool).

get fucked

RE: Windows Vista SP2 Update - Error 800736B3
I had the same experiance. But during the install my antivirus software said
i had multiple viruses (Gen:Trojan.Heur...) but had delt with them.
When i reboot, same thing, system restore and the same update get same virus
over again.
I know i get to wake up to it again tomorrow when it updates itself.
My scans are clear till i download this update by the way.

Windows, fix this.
--
POKE IT

"Ryan Strassburg" wrote:

> While installing SP2 released today through Windows Update my machine
> unexpectedly rebooted (then went into a strange endless POST cycle). Anyhow
> it said it was installing the updates prior to logon. Then SP2 appeared
> again as 6MB and it was installed, then it apeared again and installed again.
> Finally I restored to before the update (~4pm) and I tried to install the
> update.
>
> The installation program ran, I verified it and clicked on Install, then
> nothing happened. I rebooted then I did a new check for updates and SP2 again
> was displayed only at 3xx some megabytes (now that's more like a SP). Now it
> is failing with error #800736B3, what do I do? The sfc tool returned no
> problems nor did the MSRT (Malware tool).

Re: Windows Vista SP2 Update - Error 800736B3
Please post about Vista SP2 installation problems here instead:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...stawu/threads/

Ryan Strassburg wrote:
> While installing SP2 released today through Windows Update my machine
> unexpectedly rebooted (then went into a strange endless POST cycle).
> Anyhow
> it said it was installing the updates prior to logon. Then SP2 appeared
> again as 6MB and it was installed, then it apeared again and installed
> again. Finally I restored to before the update (~4pm) and I tried to
> install the update.
>
> The installation program ran, I verified it and clicked on Install, then
> nothing happened. I rebooted then I did a new check for updates and SP2
> again was displayed only at 3xx some megabytes (now that's more like a
> SP).
> Now it is failing with error #800736B3, what do I do? The sfc tool
> returned no problems nor did the MSRT (Malware tool).

updating

RE: Windows Vista SP2 Update - Error 800736B3
It has been happening the same to me.

"Ryan Strassburg" wrote:

> While installing SP2 released today through Windows Update my machine
> unexpectedly rebooted (then went into a strange endless POST cycle). Anyhow
> it said it was installing the updates prior to logon. Then SP2 appeared
> again as 6MB and it was installed, then it apeared again and installed again.
> Finally I restored to before the update (~4pm) and I tried to install the
> update.
>
> The installation program ran, I verified it and clicked on Install, then
> nothing happened. I rebooted then I did a new check for updates and SP2 again
> was displayed only at 3xx some megabytes (now that's more like a SP). Now it
> is failing with error #800736B3, what do I do? The sfc tool returned no
> problems nor did the MSRT (Malware tool).

Re: Windows Vista SP2 Update - Error 800736B3
Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. For
customers residing in North America, chat and e-mail support is available.

Go to http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034
& select appropriate category (e.g., Installation).